The ticket booth man seemed pleased, "Oh, thanks." He said bashfully.

(Y/n) gave him a smile and waved goodbye as she took Hunter by the hand and began to walk away to wait at their platform.

Hunter nervously pulled up his hood and (Y/n) pulled hers up too. Now two cloaked people, one blue and one purple waited, side by side, on the platform for their train.

Their train arrived. It was slow and old. Its paint was worn by time and its door opened with difficulty.

The cloaked pair boarded the train, their fingers still intertwined with each other. It was full, but they found a seat to sit in towards the back. (Y/n) sat near the window and Hunter sat near the isle. Pip jumped onto (Y/n)'s lap and Flapjack flew onto Hunter's shoulder.

Hunter felt uneasy when he sat down, but he didn't know why.
Maybe it was how many people were sat on that train.

(Y/n) laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. When Hunter felt her head rest on his shoulder, he felt himself become calm. He felt a little less on edge.

The train began moving.

————————

I screamed. The silence hurt my ears. So I screamed.
The screaming of the silence. The constant sound of silence hurts my ears.

He isn't waking up. He hasn't woken up.
He is dead

I pick him up and dig a hole by my rosebush. He planted that rosebush. Just for me. He knew I liked them.
I take my shovel and bury him. I've buried my own husband.

My stomach gurgles and I feel nauseous. I fall to my knees and vomit into the grass. Morning sickness, I figure.

I scream again.

"HE'S NOT DEAD. STOP SAYING THAT." I scream.

No one is talking. No one is near me. No one lives near me for miles.

Philip Wittebane. He took him from me. It's his fault. It's his fault. It's HIS fault.

————————————

(Y/n) awoke from her nap and looked at Hunter. "What have you been doing this whole time?" She asked.

"Reading." He said as he flipped through a book. His eyelids hung heavy, but he wouldn't allow himself to fall asleep.

"Reading what?" (Y/n) asked, looking at the book. "Wild magic? Where'd you get this from?"

"Took it from your school's library. It was hidden away, but I found it nevertheless."

"Don't you want to sleep? Have a nap?"

"I can't."

(Y/n) looked at the boy. His dark circles under his eyes had never looked so dark. "Why?" She simply asked.

"I can't protect you if something happens." He said, his grip on her hand tightened.

"Hunter, I can protect the both of us, okay? You need to rest, it's been a stressful couple of days. Okay? Please just close your eyes."

The boy sighed and let his head fall onto her shoulder. He let himself close his eyes and drift off. (Y/n) took his book and began reading.

An elderly woman walked past their seat to head to the bathroom. "You two make a lovely couple." She said, her voice shaky and old.

"Oh- we're not-" But before (Y/n) could object, the woman had walked past them.

The girl looked down at her partner. I mean, who am I to argue with an old woman.
A blush appeared on her face as she dropped her head to kiss his forehead.