Did Cadence forget how they met Lycus? Accalia wasn't amused and kicked her cousin back.

"Accalia won't be going anywhere, not with her injury," Lycus confirmed, lacing his fingers together as he sent a threatening stare to Cadence.

Cadence shrugged loosely. "Accalia can make her own decision, Lycus."

"Yes, I can," Accalia piped up and leant forward, her elbows digging into her thighs. "And I decide, this is dangerous and we need to think—"

Cadence waved her off and stepped toward the armchair that Rexton sat on, forcefully giving him a look, the time of day. "He can come with me then."

Rexton's eyes widened and looked expectedly to Lycus.

"No fucking way in hell," Lycus growled and pointed accusingly at Cadence, lip curling with disgust. "I have had enough of you and your meddling. Just like Alexene, luring Rexton into dangerous situations. I won't allow it. If you want to get yourself killed, by all means, but you're not putting my brother in harm's way."

Cadence released an irritated sigh and planted herself on the floor, leaning her head on the side of the armchair Rexton sat on.

"With all due respect, Alpha Lycus, but the huntress raises a smart idea. By infiltrating the Canus pack, it will open doors we may need. Erisa could distract Cole next Friday and that will leave them a little bit of time to see what they could find."

"And," Cadence said, sending the oracle a grateful look. "Rexton's abilities extend beyond any supernatural creature I've met. He'll find things better than any of us can."

A glimmer swept across Lycus's eyes and he looked to Rexton, then down to Cadence. "Is that a compliment, Little Huntress?"

Cadence's heart burned with fury. "He's just easy to use to our advantage. That's all."

Accalia gathered Cadence wasn't about to thank Rexton for his help tonight, even if he was proven to be the very thing she needed at the time, but was that all he is to her? Someone to use?

Accalia watched as Cadence suddenly lifted her head off the chair and scooted away from Rexton like he was a disease she could be infected by.

"Cole repulses me. You should have seen him, he can hardly control himself. He's animal, even in his human form, but if it means we get the upper hand, I'll distract him while you go into his pack." Erisa muttered to both Larren cousins.

Erisa hadn't said much other than explaining the time she had with Cole, but Accalia could see how heavy it hung on her shoulders. It hung beneath her blue eyes, the tiredness and the energy he took out her.

Accalia turned to Lycus, her mate, the very person that has been avoiding her since they overturned his judgement involving Rexton in this mess.

"If we want to find out this presence blocking Vaela's vision, going into the pack could be an option. Rexton could even pick up a scent." Accalia said to Lycus.

Lycus glanced at her briefly, face passive but eyes dilating. "No matter what I say, I have a feeling Cadence will do whatever she wants anyway. Rexton along with her."

Accalia nodded, noticing that Rexton tended to do whatever Cadence wished him to. Go away, he would do that, give her distance, he would grant her that, be her friend, he would and go wherever she went, he wouldn't want it any other way.

Rexton was tied to Cadence in ways no one could understand.

"We could bring Tristan, he's smart in navigating ways we can get in. Accalia could come—" Cadence began but Lycus gave her a snarling growl.