⎝⎝𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕡𝕪⎠⎠

𝟎𝟎𝟓

𝟎𝟎𝟓

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡

We all sit in silence for a while during the drive to our house, the only thing heard was 'Hammer To Fall' on his radio. Finally he speaks up. "Wait a sec. How big?" he asks. "First it was like that" he gestures with his hand, "now he's like this."

"I swear to God, man. It's just some little lizard, okay?"

"It's not a lizard. We already told you this." I say rolling my eyes. "How do you know?" he asked looking in the rear view mirror at me. "How do we know.." I mutter.

"Well because it's face opened up and it ate our cat!" Dustin yelled. Well that shut him up.

~~~

We walk to the backyard with Steve holding his bat and me holding my gun as we follow Dustin to the shed. We stand in front of it for a moment hearing nothing. Me and Steve shine our flashlights at the door. "I don't hear shit." he says. I roll my eyes. "He's in there." Dustin says.

He taps the door a couple of times with the bat. Still nothing. "All right, listen kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead." he says pointing the flashlight in his face. I hit his arm. "Don't threaten my brother, and get that out of his face, you'll blind him." I say moving the light.

"It's not. It's not a prank." he says. "You got a key for this thing?"

I toss him the key and he opens the lock. I peek my head inside expecting the little bastard to pop out, but nothing. I begin to walk down before Steve pulls my arm back. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa, hey.. what are you doing?" he looks at me. "Goin' to see if he's down there." I say. "No, i'll go. Stay here." he says. "Don't tell me what to do Harrington." I say snatching my arm away before walking down.

"I'll stay up here just in case he tries to escape." Dustin says. We both look at him unamused before walking down. Steve stands in front of me holding his arm out in a protective way as we advance down the stairs. I reach up and turn on the light, not seeing anything. "Where the hell did he go?" I ask.

"Uhh, Lil..? You might wanna see this..." Steve says holding his bat out. I walk over and see some slimy thing on the end. "Ew. What the-" I say reaching for it before he smacks my hand away. "Ew. Lil, no." he says dropping it. I look up and my face pales.

"Oh shit."

"What?"

"Dustin come down here."