Window Of The Future

Start from the beginning

Louis thinks, he could be such a romantic person if he tried...or if he found someone worth trying. His words are his approach, and he knows he would do or learn anything that would double the effort. Like he did with the painting at the last bonus course...Just to impress this beautiful creature before him.

He's let his fingers brush over his soft cheek when the angel besides him took a deep breath stirring awake, the grip on their connected hands getting gentle.

They stare into each other's eyes without actually saying a words. Louis' other hand frozen over his soft cheek, green sleepy eyes warmly shining under the little morning sun that entered the room.

It's a moment of silence, as Louis gives Harry the time to catch up with reality, just as he himself did a moment ago.  And as the green eyes curiously study him so up close finally in the sunlight, Louis wishes he could read minds, just to know what he's thinking deep inside his when he looks at him.

"Hi."-Harry mumbles with a morning husky voice. 

Louis smiles at last, no longer tense, the hand over Harry's cheek continuing its journey to meet his now forming dimples. -"Hi."-He says in return.

Harry looks at their hands, lifting them both up on the chilly air. -"Did we sleep like this?"

"I don't think we did..."-Louis said studying the few rings on his fingers, they seemed carefully picked, he wonders if they have a meaning, knowing Harry they probably do.

"You didn't let go..."-Harry pointed out the obvious.

"I really thought that for a second you'd fade away with the air like a morning dream...I had to hold you just to make sure..."-Louis said hiding his face on the pillow letting a loud muffled voice.

"Did you know otters sleep holding hands?"-Harry asked out of nowhere, a stupid smile on his face...-"I think it's a simple but romantic gesture."

"You think?"-Louis said chuckling from inside the pillow.

Harry opened their hands but held them still both up in the air, and as curiosity kills cats, Louis turned to look at what he was doing.

They now rested one over the other, as if Harry was comparing them, his thin long fingers winning the imaginary competition between the two hands. Louis collects them all again, bringing them down under the sheets, nuzzling under them again. -"It's cold."-He burred.

Harry giggled pulling the blankets closer between them. Louis found the sound so amazing he covered in goosebumps again even though he was covered in sheets and blankets and Harry's warmth burned on his side.

Louis suddenly felt the need to pull Harry closer, cuddle him, feel him closer and closer and keep him there all day long. He didn't, however. A set of unspoken rules and boundaries keeping them from doing that and many other things.

"What do you like more, coffee or tea?"-Louis asked. Still on his mission to get to know him better, although last night they had asked so many questions and gotten so many answers but that still wasn't enough for two people that have known each other for a day.

Harry thought for a second. -"I think I like both, maybe coffee in the morning and tea before going to bed at night. You? I'm guessing tea for obvious reasons."-He said chuckling.