Admiring Art

Sun in my eyes

Oh, my eyes,
The blessing they have seen,
A body so fine, so lean,
Lips so fine, so mean...
Places where my hands,
Have never even been.

A look, a sparkle,
Skin as white as marble.
Lightening up an entire room,
Purely golden in the noon.
A smile that from afar,
Has made my heart bloom.

Oh, my eyes,
By such light nearly blinded.
In his eyes and long curls,
Something so soft and undecided...
I think I saw everything,
Looks of a godly sided.

...

It's one more day till Valentine's Day and Manchester is filled with lonely little hearts, unmatched lovers roaming the streets of the college grounds, cupids and their arrows ready to match them, arrows now sharpened on both sides.

Louis has just returned from a job interview at Chambers Press for the position of a first editor. He thinks he did good, answering all the tricky questions about why he wanted that job and how was he appealing to this open position. He was told by a friend that if he stood confident and gave as many short answers as possible, he might leave a mature professional first impression on the interviewer and that he might get the place.

It's raining...something Louis finds poetically appeasing, like the grey clouds that manage to shine the sky like foamy waves, or the droplets that fall one after another, rushing as if they're in a race. It's all fun and poetic till you don't have an umbrella, and the rain is pouring all over your clothes and wetting you till it reaches the bones.

Louis had been taking his time to stop by at a coffee shop and order a cup of tea. He allowed himself a moment with the tea and the rain drops all together, sighting deeply, so deep he heard the bones of his back shift to their place. It's tiring and it's wintery cold. But the paper cup of tea on his hands right now, is warming his heart and making him feel better if even for a second. If he's to catch a cold at least he can say he made an effort to prevent it.

If that's not enough, he had been stressing so much for that interview priorly, that now the stress had accumulated into a pounding headache that was shooting needles throughout his brain. Add that to the loss of ongoing problems he's managed to find himself stuck at. And if that too, was not enough...he had noon bonus classes in... five minutes ago.

Louis fastened his footing, cup of tea warmly on his hands now, threatening to pour burning hot on his hand, the February air chilling him to the bone as he walked swiftly on the breeze and pouring rain, wetness that has not reached to his socks.

He had taken Mr. Petersons advice on taking bonus classes as a plan B in case he doesn't finish his last assignment, otherwise called plan A. Just yesterday he applied to three bonus classes, Painting, Sculpture and Pottery classes. He knows he's not getting a degree on arts, but he's getting a degree on literature and literature is all about an artistic heart, one he's trying to expand.

He's been ignoring the assignment Mr. Peterson had given him all week, and Silvia had been on his ass about going in a double date on Valentine's Day, something that can also help him find a person, even if for a while.

Louis doesn't want a person and certainly not for a while. He considers himself too young to be taking such actions for the future. He finds himself immature for something that requires so much maturity and that people have turned into something so underrated. Call him cliche but he's the guy who dreams of finding a love like the ones he's read on books, like the one he's dreamt about as a child, after his mother has told him a bedtime story about a prince and a princess, all he wants is a love story that is worth sharing.