[OUTDATED] August 16th

Magsimula sa umpisa

And then, without having the time to process it, we now had two sisters. Cinnamon and Maple. Cinnamon was really shy, she always hid from the others, not speaking to anyone. Maple, on the other end, was more curious about everything, and mostly human culture. "I wish I could've seen them grow, like an older brother. But they don't probably even remember me.. But then, August 16th arrived, and.. and.."

I fell asleep, on the bench, smiling, and tearing up. I really believed I was going to die this night, but fate decided otherwise..

August 16th, 11:15 AM

I woke up. Or rather, I decided to open my eyes. I did sleep, this night, but I was woken up since around 6 AM, probably my old habits. I took this time to think about what I did earlier this night. 

"I probably ran away due to stress. It's been 2 years since I've seen him and the first thing he sees me do after all this time is casually kill someone, of course i was gonna be stressed out, I was afraid he was going to look at me in a bad way, and I was tired. But now, I'm rested and ready to face him, Shigure, and my sisters."

I stood up from this bench, admired once more the river in front of me, and decided to do what I needed to go back, ask other cat-people on my way for where was La Soleil. I remembered that my jacket was actually hooded, even if you need to open a zipper to get it out.. I put on the hooded jacket, as a way to try and not make too obvious the fact that I am a cat-person.

As I asked around, I learned that I probably ran for around 20 minutes before getting where I slept. As I asked around, it seemed to me like cat-persons around here knew really well La Soleil, even considering the recent opening.

"Seems like Kashou made a popular patisserie.. I wonder what type of communication he had to use to make his business this popular in only a few months."

I eventually arrived around somewhere I recognized. As I went to another street, I saw the hotel, and thought that this was a good occasion to take back my stuff I left here, since I used the river to wash my clothes before leaving the river. As I entered the lobby of the hotel, I heard about some thieves who were found unconscious around here, and one was on the brink of death. I gulped as I heard that, trying to stay calm.

"Fuck, how does rumors and info spread as fast as that, around here ? I need to keep calm and not act weird.. Chill. I had to dealt with harder."

Apparently, the Police assumed they all wanted to rob the same place at the same time and killed each other.. I sighed as I heard that, thinking that police was either quite stupid, or covered this up with a lie. I took my luggage that was still at the hotel, and left, after taking a shower and changing clothes. I was now heading to where the events of this night happened, and saw it closed. I approached the patisserie and read the message, saying

"La Soleil" will be temporarily closed today, 16th August, our staff thanks you for your understanding.

- The Owner.

"Are they looking for me ? Maybe.. I think it's best if I just sit here with my stuff, and wait for anyone familiar to show up."

And a few minutes later, a familiar face did show up. Someone I wanted to see, Someone I sacrificed part of my mental health to see again. Azuki, my sister.

"She didn't change, at all." I thought to myself. Then I smiled as I got an Idea, surprising her by approaching her from behind.

As I sneaked closer to Azuki, who seemed to be looking for something around here, I started wondering how she will react.. And then, as I got behind her back, after checking no one was around, I let my tail and my ears go free, then spoke, the first words I told her since 2 years.

- Hey, what's up ?

She turned, and looked at me, confused, apparently not recognizing me. "I didn't change that much, did I ?", I asked myself. She then spoke back to me, in a polite way, but in the kind of polite way that clearly means "you bother me".

- I'm sorry, but do we know each other ?

I then smiled, knowing I had a golden opportunity to tease her once again.

- Damn.. I knew brains are proportional to their body and that yours must be really small, but still, Azu, forgetting about your own brother after 2 years, that's not nice, you know.

Her face turned  to a shocked one as she answered me out loud.

- "Azu"...? MINUIT?!

- Minuit Minaduki, in the flesh. What's up since all this ti-WOAH, CHILL DOWN, AZU !

Azuki interrupted me in the middle of my sentence, trying to hit me, and barely missing.

- WHAT'S GOT INTO YOU ? WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT ? STOP ! STOP ! CALM DOWN !

She kept trying to hit me, again, again, and again, not answering me, After a few hits, I decided to let myself be beaten up, for once. 

"It's been 2 years. I deserve it."

I stopped dodging and let Azuki push me on the ground, releasing my ears from my hood as she started beating me up, in the same way she did when we got into fights, when we were still kittens. As she kept beating me, I saw tears starting to stream down her face.

- "Hey, Azu, everything alri- FUCK" She didn't let me finish my sentence, and started to hit me even harder, screaming and crying.

- SHUT UP ! SHUT UP ! SHUT UP ! SHUT UP ! SHUT ! IT ! UP ! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE HERE AFTER WHAT YOU DID ! I HATE YOU !

Not wanting to hurt Azuki, I let her scream, cry, and hit me. Even if her hits were hurting me, her words were much more. My family was the only thing I was focusing on for the last 2 years, and yet, the first thing she does when seeing me is beating me up, insulting me, and telling me she hates me. But I can't blame her. She doesn't know that. All I do is close my eyes, let myself silently cry and accept my sentence.

2 years ago