"Ji?"

"Aaj chai main bana du?"

(May I make tea today?)

"Rehne do aap, ammi rooz banati hain aap bhi bana dengi."

(No it's fine, it's Ammi's daily routine)

"Please Deni, I wanna become a part of this family." She demanded in a polite tone.

"Chai banane se family ka part ban jaate hain?" He asked mischievously, Shifa glared at him with fake anger but smiled in the end while shrugging.

(Does one becomes a part of the family by making tea?)

"Maybe." She giggled and her husband gestured for her to come with him.

"Ammi and baba both are diabetic, so they don't add sugar in tea but this sweetener. Fine?" Stepping into the kitchen with Shifa Daniyal informed his wife who silently nod her head.

"Ginger and cardamom tea or a simple one?" Asked Shifa while picking up a pan and filling it with water.

"Umm... I think... Do as per your comfort." He left everything on her, she nod her head and add a small piece of ginger and cardamom in the water along with tea leaves.

<><><><>

"Kya hua Khatija, kya soch rahi hain aap?" Asked Mr Kazmi when the waiting period for tea was stretched by several minutes.

(What are you thinking Khatija, all fine?)

Mrs Kazmi stood up from the prayer mat while folding that and sat down on the bed, just beside her husband. "Khatija?" It was a question in itself regarding her silence. She was in chaos regarding Shifa and now she decided to share everything with her husband. "Kazmi Sahab, samajh nhi aa rha kal jo kuch bhi hua wo Shifa ka dar aur ghabrahat thi ya... Wo aesi hi hai, careless?" She stopped in between and received a "Hmm" from her husband.

(Kazmi Sahab, have you see whatever happened yesterday? I'm unable to understand What was that, Shifa's nervousness or... She's careless and clumsy?)

"Koi baat nhi Khatija, Agar Shifa ko kaam nhi bhi aata to aap sikha dena..." Mr kazmi advised his wife but got a disappointed look.

(It's okay Khatija, you can teach her if she doesn't know household chores)

"Kazmi Sahab, mujhe Shifa se ghar ke kaam nhi karane, mujhe to bas itni fikr hai ki agar aesa hi rha to kya hoga, aapko to pta hi hai na Daniyal ko ye saari cheezein pasand nhi hain, aaj pehla din tha to unhone koi rad-e-amal (reaction) nhi diya, lekin mujhe dar hai ki agar aage bhi aesa hi hua to wo gussa na hone lage." Mrs Kazmi shared her doubts but Mr Kazmi smiled.

(Kazmi Sahab, I'm not interested in making Shifa work in the kitchen, I'm concerned about this because Daniyal hates this clumsy and careless behaviour. Today is her first day so it was fine but, if it goes in the same manner, I doubt he'll not tolerate it)

"Begum aapko nhi lagta aap kuch zyada hi soch rahi hain. Abhi hum log Shifa ke bare mein jaante hi kya hain iske alawa ki wo Daniyal ko pasand hain. Thoda waqt dijiye, unhe bhi aur khud ko bhi. Logo ko samajhne mein waqt lagta hai."

(Dear wife, don't you think you're thinking too much? We don't know much about Shifa, yet. We only know that she's Daniyal's choice, that's it. Let's give some time to this relationship.)

"Hmm... I guess you're right." She mumbled, still busy with her doubts. Mr kazmi sighed as he knew very well what his wife was thinking. "Kazmi sahab, aaj ek lambe arse ke baad mene Daniyal ke chehre par khushi dekhi hai, aur main nhi chahti kisi bhi wajah se ye khatam ho."