ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘 | 𝔹𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕖𝕣

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

"Oh and does he really think I'm still a virgin?"

○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○

New week, new day. The kids were in the choir room with Mr. Schue, teaching them a new lesson. Quinn was sitting in between Nathalie and Finn, with her leaning on Finn's shoulder.

"Ballad." Mr. Schue said as he wrote the word on the whiteboard. "From Middle English balade. Who knows what this word means?"

"It's a male duck." Brittany answered as Kurt and Rachel raised their hands.

"Sunshine, that's a—that's a drake." Nathalie told her from the other side of the row.

"Oh. But Drake's a singer, not a duck...Is Drake a secret duck?"

"Kurt." Mr. Schue called him.

"A ballad is a love song." He answered.

"Sometimes, but they don't always express love. Ballads are stories set to music, which is why they're the perfect storm of self-expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way." Mr. Schue told them.

"Okay, now sectionals are in a few weeks. And there's a new rule this year. We have to perform... a ballad." He pointed to the board.

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off." Rachel cheered with a grin while looking at Puck. He returned the smile, but you can tell from a mile away that it was forced.

"Okay, so here's our assignment for the week. I'm gonna pair you off, and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look them right in the eye, find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it."

"I pick Quinn." Nathalie and Finn said at the same time. The two playfully glared at each other before holding onto one of the blonde's arms.

"She's mine."

"No, she's mine."

"I picked her first."

"No, you didn't; I did."

"She's my girlfriend."

"She's my best friend."

"Ballads are mostly for couples."

"You didn't listen, Frankenteen. It's not always a love song!"

"Both of you cut it!" The two stopped bickering after being met with an annoyed glare from Quinn.

"It's too easy. Your partners will be chosen by fate." Mr. Schue revealed, making the kids murmur.

"I put all your names in this hat. Whoever you choose is your partner." He said, holding up the hat.