𝕧𝕚. 𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕋𝕠 𝕄𝕔𝕂𝕚𝕟𝕝𝕖𝕪

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

"It's a freaking milk heist

"It's a freaking milk heist."

○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○

NATHALIE'S POV

I can still hear Mama screaming and it's starting to hurt my ears, and they followed me outside. Then I saw Miguel loading some of the boxes into his car.

I went up to the three and asked, "Miguel, you're coming to Lima?"

"No, Cam told me we have a big test tomorrow." He shook his head.

"Then why are you putting the boxes in your car?"

"Because," he explained as he shut the trunk, took my hand in his, and placed the keys in my palm, "it's now your car."

"What?" I ask, looking up at him in surprise.

He shrugged, "I want you to have my car. Think of it as a very early Christmas gift."

I handed him the keys back, "Guel, are you crazy? You love this car."

"Nathalie." He stopped me from rambling, "You're right. I do love this car, but I don't use it as much."

"What do you mean? It's your 'pride and joy" or something," I quoted.

"It is-don't tell Cam that-we simply use her car more, even I use it more," he joked. "So when you mentioned you got your driver's license, this bad boy has been to the repair shop, so it's good enough for you."

"That explains the paint job," I thought, noticing the now-red car that had previously been blue.

He handed me the keys again and added, "I really want you to have it, considering that I spent a lot of money on it; I'd like it if you took it." He smiled and said, "Use the rest of the summer to explore Lima and get to know the town."

I questioned him, "But what about you? How'll you get back?"

"I already told Cam to pick me up, and don't worry; we pretty much share her car now," We both chuckled.

"Junior, get back here!" We turned around to find Papa approaching us, holding one of the boxes.

"Uhm, you forgot this." He set the package down, trying to avoid my eyes. I gently took hold of his hand and stopped him in his tracks as he attempted to leave.

"Papá, por favor solo dame una oportunidad. (Dad, please just give me a chance.)" I begged again, hoping that he'd listen.

I can see that everyone was watching us and waiting for him to speak. Sadly, he said nothing.

He shook his hand off my grasp, turned around, and headed back to Mama. I probably shouldn't refer to them as Mama and Papa because they did disown me.

I tell my brother, "Well, I tried," wiping away the tear that is starting to form in my eye.