ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞 | 𝔼𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕘𝕪 𝕍𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕟

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

"Who said we're gonna pay you in the first place?"

○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○

New week, new day. All of the kids were in the choir room. Rachel was trying to teach the group a new choreography routine.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven." Rachel counts with Finn playing the beat on the drums. "No, no, no, no, no, no."

"Great news, guys." Mr. Shue said as he came into the room holding a piece of paper spinning Nathalie after she twirled to his directions. "Just got the competition bracket for sectionals, and we are in really good shape. There's only two other teams. We beat them; we make it to regionals." He smiled.

"Uh, who are the other teams?" Rachel asked.

"Drumroll, please, Finn." The tall boy did a little drumroll.

"School for the Deaf in Dayton, and someplace called Jane Addams Academy." He read the paper.

"You're kidding, right?" Nathalie laughed.

Mercedes scoffed, "Jane Addams? That's a halfway house for girls just getting out of juvie."

"Th-th-this is great!" Tina exclaimed.

"People who can't hear what they're singing and criminals who don't care. It's gonna be a cakewalk. High fi..." Artie raised his hand to high five Brittany, but the blonde high fived Santana instead.

Nathalie walked up to Artie and high fived him, making her fellow freshman smile.

○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○

The next day, the glee club is being directed by Mr. Schue as they practice choreography. Artie was excused for obvious reasons; Finn was sitting down with Kurt next to him, who was using his phone.

"A five, six, seven, eight. Step, turn, out, in, ball-change, step ball-change step. You, you, you, you. And ba-ba-ba. turn...

He noticed that some of the kids were lacking and started to get frustrated.

"Come on, guys, you're sleepwalking on me here. Give me some energy. We've got sectionals in two-"

"Please, Sectionals is going to be a breeze." Mercedes interrupted him.

"Maybe so." He said as Artie yawned. "But if we coast through sectionals, we're gonna get killed at regionals. We have got to be on our game."

Kurt then abruptly laughs, and the teacher looks at him disapprovingly.

"Sorry. Funny Youtube. It's the grape stomping one." He raised his phone.

"Oh, ceux-là sont bons (Those are good). Let me see." Nathalie said, walking up to the boy to watch the video.