Chapter 21: The Forbidden Forest

The next night, Athena, Ron, Hermione and Draco are being led to Hagrid's hut by Mr. Filch.

Filch: A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming.

"Sorry what?" Amelia bones said calmly. She looked at Dumbledore, who wouldn't meet her eye, she nodded and wrote something down on her paper.

Filch:[Draco gulps, and Hermione rushes by.] You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest. [Hagrid appears with a crossbow. He sniffles.] A sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?
Hagrid: [sniffs and sighs] Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony.
Hermione: Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind.
Hagrid: Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? {Filch rolls eyes.} What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all.
Filch: Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you.

"What!" Screeched all the mothers "You're sending first years into the forest for detention!" Andromeda glowered. Death stares were sent towards Albus for letting this happen, let's just say if looks could kill Dumblebitch I'm meaaannn.... Dumbledore would be 12 feet under.

Draco: The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are...[a howl sounds]...werewolves! [Athena sneaks up behind Draco and howls, he jumps and runs behind Hagrid. Athena and Ron start laughing]

Everyone laughs at Athena and Draco, including Regulus and his group of friends.

Filch: There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that. [Draco looks frightened.] Nighty-night. [He leaves to go back into the castle]

"CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!" Bellowed Mad-eye "AHHHHHHHH" many screamed "ALASTOR" shouted Minnie moo moo, she had one hand on her chest. Mad-eye just grinned at her. "I forgot the nut-job was still here" Athena whispered to Ron, Ron laughed whilst Hermione whacked the backs of their heads. "OW" "BLOODY HELL HERMIONE". Jame, Sirius and Remus watched the trio smiling reminding them of themselves.

Hagrid: Right. Let's go.

In the Forbidden Forest, the group walks along a path to a tree. Hagrid stops, bends down and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers.

Athena: Hagrid, what's that?
Hagrid: What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something. [Athena suddenly sees a large cloaked figure walking through the trees. She looks at Hagrid.] So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me.
Ron: Okay.
Hagrid: And Athena, you'll go with Malfoy. [Draco grimaces, and Athena nods.]
Draco: Okay. Then I get Fang!
Hagrid: Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward. [Fang whines.]

Athena and Draco are walking through a part of the forest, with Fang leading. Draco has the lamp in his hand.

Draco: You wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff.
Athena: If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared.
Draco: Scared, Potter?! [He scoffs, but suddenly hears a howl] Did you hear that? Come on, Fang. Scared.

People laughed at Draco whilst he hid his face. "Pussy pussy pussy" taunted Sirius who then had a hex thrown his way by Narcissa, he pouted at her whilst she laughed at him. Andromeda watched the two, smiling.

Athena and Draco approach a flat ground with gnarled roots all over. Fang stops, then growls.

Athena: What is it, Fang?

Up ahead is a cloaked figure who is crouching over a dead unicorn, drinking its blood from its wound. The figure raises its head, silver blood dripping from its mouth. Athena gasps and grabs her scar, which is hurting. Draco screams with pure fear and runs away with Fang.

Draco: HELP!!!!!

"RUN ATHENA" "RUN" People scream at the screen. James and Lily run over to Athena and drag her to sit with them, squeezing her scared she'll suddenly disappear. Sirius fainted. Peter hid his face, the rest of the friends groups were all pale and frozen staring at the screen. Fred looked like he was going to be sick.

Athena is left by herself at the mercy of the figure who slides over the unicorn and rises erect. It advances towards Athena, who backs up, but trips. She crawls backwards. Suddenly, there is the sound of hoof-beats. A figure leaps over Athena and lands near the cloaked figure. It is a silver centaur called Firenze. It rears, and the cloaked figure retreats, flying away.

Firenze: Athena Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you.
Athena: But what was that thing you saved me from?
Firenze: A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life.
Athena: But who would choose such a life?
Firenze: Can you think of no one?
Athena: Do you mean to say...that that thing that killed the unicorn...that was drinking its blood...that was Voldemort?

People shivered hearing his name, James and Lily pale at the thought of Voldemort getting close to their daughter again.

Firenze: Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?
Athena: [realizing] The Philosopher's Stone.

"Oh no" many gasped.

Fang suddenly barks and Athena looks up to see Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and Draco appear. Hagrid has his crossbow ready, but lowers it when he sees Firenze.

Hermione: Athena!
Hagrid: Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Ms. Potter. You all right there, Athena? [Athena nods]
Firenze: Athena Potter, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck.

He leaves as the group look at the dead unicorn.

"That poor unicorn" said the dreamy voice of Pandora. Sirius had woken up by Remus throwing water on him. "I'm going to get grey hairs by the end of these movies" James sighed pulling his hair.. "You already have some dad" James quickly got up and went to a mirror panicking and checking his hair. Everyone laughed at James when he came back he crossed his arms and pouted like a child.

——————————————————————————————————————

A/N:
Hello my loves!
Sooooo thoughts on this chapter?
Poor James getting bullied by his daughter 😂
Have a great day/night
Don't forget to stay hydrated and take you medication or I'll force you to sleep in the forbidden forest🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️