Chapter 17: Quidditch

The next morning, in the great hall. The gang is sitting, eating. Athena is twirling her food on a fork.

Ron: Take a bit of toast, mate, go on.
Hermione: Ron's right, Athena. You're gonna need your strength today.
Athena: I'm not hungry. [Snape appears at the table.]

"WE GET TO SEE YOUR FIRST QUIDDITCH MATCH" James started fangirling. No one could get him to calm down.

Snape: Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin. [Snape walks off, limping. Athena notices this.]
Athena: That explains the blood.

"Oh no leave it Athena" Lily said desperately.

Hermione: Blood?
Athena: Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping.
Hermione: But why would anyone go near that dog?
Athena: The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret.
Hermione: So you're saying...
Athena: That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants.

"Of course blame it on me stupid Potter" "well Snape if you hadn't of acted the way you was towards me and being so suspicious I wouldn't of thought it was you" sassed Athena. Barty and Regulus snorted.

Hedwig screeches as she enters the Great Hall. She is carrying a very large, long parcel. She drops it off at the table.

Hermione: Bit early for mail, isn't it?

Athena's family frown. They are definitely changing that.

Athena: But I-I never get mail.
Ron: Let's open it. [They open it to reveal a broomstick.]

Athena: It's a broomstick!
Ron: Thats not just any broomstick, Athena. [recognizing the model] It's a Nimbus 2000!

Many quidditch players drool over the broom.

Athena: But who...?

She notices Professor McGonagall up at the head table, stroking Hedwig. She smiles and Athena nods. Later on, inside a Quidditch tower. The Gryffindor team is marching towards the starting gate. They reach it and stop, behind a closed double door.

"I LOVE YOU MINNIE" screams James, Athena, Sirius and Remus. She just shakes her head fondly at them. "NOW HURRY UP AND SHOW US THE MATCH" we all know who said that.

Oliver: Scared, Athena?
Athena: A little.
Oliver: That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game.
Athena: What happened?
Oliver: Er, I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later.

"Thats a lot better then some" Marlene nodded her head in agreement at Frank.

Athena gulps and looks straight ahead as the doors open. They mount their brooms and zoom out onto the enormous pitch. There is cheering. Lee Jordan, the Quidditch commentator is announcing from a tower.

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP AND WATCH" James broadcasted standing on the sofa.

Lee: Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!

Cheering. Close-up of Gryffindor students. They are cheering.

Gryffindors start to cheer too.

Neville: Gryffindor!