"You will find eyes to see the unseen, you will find eyes to see the unseen. Those are the whispers that speak to me, I'd rather receive a prophecy than whispers from above." Vaela's eyes spun bright silver as she spoke, recalling all she could.

"If this was a curse placed upon you by something higher than us, trust me when I say, they knew what they were doing. Your claws hold memories, Alpha, the memories of being in your lycan form. Cole Canus's memories are all over the place."

"What do you mean all over the place?" Lycus asked, leaning forward.

"This is where I became hesitant to come to you," Vaela closed her eyes and a bead of sweat gathered at her forehead.

The oracle looked as if she was receiving a nightmarish vision that she couldn't awaken from and she shuddered. "When I was looking at the claws that held his memories in his lycan form, I could see through his vision, but a question arises, why would his memories fade to black when a certain presence comes over him and I can't access anything? As if something is blocking my abilities?"

"Someone would be blocking your abilities," Accalia answered, prying forward with concerned eyes.

Vaela gleamed. "The unseen."

Lycus froze, his skin becoming cold as a lick of ice chilled up and down his spine. "Your abilities are being blocked at certain times when you access his memories?"

"Yes," Vaela confirmed. "Alpha and Luna, this can only happen for two reasons, and two reasons only. Either, he's in contact with someone so experienced they block out my gifts. They must be powerful if they can cover their tracks in the past, which are the memories I've gathered from."

Lycus's head spiralled with annoyance, disliking the bittersweet side of an oracle knowing so much, but conveying so little. "What's the other reason?" Lycus had to ask.

"Cole isn't always in his lycan form," Vaela affirmed, reading through Lycus's perplexed eyes and simmering thoughts.

Lycus breathed out and leant back. "That can't be true, Cole prides himself in his lycan form, he detested the humanity that was his human self."

Not only did he detest it, he wanted to be unsalvageable, tear his human side out and be nothing but a beast. Cole wanted that, made it wide and known to every pack that would hear him. He wanted to be corrupted to a point of no return.

And destroying his mate was the turning point.

"He turns human, Lycus. His claws tell me so with the bones cracking and the sheep clothing covering the fur. As soon as he shifts everything goes black for me, I can't access his human side. Only his lycan side from the claws." Vaela said to the Alpha.

Lycus hadn't seen the withdrawn and aloof boy with grey eyes for many years. All Lycus saw and knew was the carnal beast with no trace of humanness in him. That can't be ...

"So you can't access his memories when he turns human, but the other situation, when the memories fade ..." Accalia trailed off, losing her train of thought and slumped against the chair.

"Another reason why my abilities falter. All I know is when Cole is around something in his lycan form, I can't access any interactions he would have with them. It blocks it all out. Like someone is covering their tracks." Vaela said to Accalia.

Accalia drummed her fingers across the wooden table and a harsh look showed on her face. 

"This makes no sense, who would be seeing Cole and why would they cover it up?" Accalia said cautiously.

"Covering it up?" Lycus asked her, wanting to know where her thoughts were leading to.

Accalia leant her arms across the table as she fiddled with her fingers. "Someone is covering their tracks, right? Vaela, how often does Cole see this happen and is it only in his lycan form?"