Child of Death

Beginne am Anfang

"Wait here," Nahhi commanded, as Lumark settled into a contemplative silence, surrounded by the vivid tapestries of Norg Legends, their valorous exploits etched indelibly into Norg heritage.

As he awaited his audience, Lumark's heart found solace in the monumental statue of Zeha. Yet, in this moment of reflection, he couldn't escape the stark revelation brought forth by the Trinity—an ominous foretelling of his role as the harbinger of destruction.

His thoughts and emotions interwove, wrestling with the irony of his present position amidst tales of heroes and saviors who had once stood tall in this hall.

"Lumark.... Lumark..." Nahhi's voice beckoned him back to the present.

"Apologies, mam," Lumark stammered, taken aback by the depth of his introspection.

"What is wrong with you, child? I have called you twenty times!" Nahhi rebuked.

"Nothing, mam. I'm fine," Lumark replied hastily.

"You better be. You can go in now."

Entering the sacred chamber of the First Elder, Lumark passed Norg dignitaries whose conversations carried an air of gravity. Tata, the First Elder's advisor, was engrossed in a discussion before taking his leave.

"Lumark stepped into the grand chamber, feeling a mixture of awe and respect in the presence of the revered First Elder. The room exuded a sense of history, adorned with relics of the Norgs' past, and a soft glow of golden flames illuminated the space, casting an ethereal ambiance.

"Greetings, Lord Elder," Lumark offered with a deep bow, acknowledging the esteemed authority before him.

The First Elder, a figure of wisdom and strength, welcomed Lumark warmly. "Hah, Lumark, my boy, how are you?"

"I'm well, thank you, sir," Lumark replied, trying to maintain his composure, though excitement coursed through his veins.

Seated together, the First Elder leaned in, a gesture of intimacy and trust. Lumark's heart swelled with reverence for the elder, who had guided the Norgs for generations.

"Lumark, you know since the first war, we Norgs have lived within this great house for centuries upon centuries," the First Elder began, his voice tinged with the weight of history.

"Yes, sir, I do," Lumark replied respectfully.

"Have you ever been outside Norg lands before, son?" the First Elder inquired.

"Yes, once. Mami said that when I was a baby, you and she took me to the capital," Lumark recalled.

"Ahh yes, indeed. The Rha and Nerhu were very glad to have you in their arms," the First Elder reminisced.

Lumark smiled at the memory. Then, the First Elder checked his drawers and found a little findoth toy, a lion, dragon, and unicorn tribrid but the size of a lion, and placed it on his desk.

"The Nerhu gave you this," the First Elder said, his voice tinged with fondness.

"It's a findoth toy," Lumark said, taking a closer look at the small figurine.

"Ah, yes, it is indeed. I have kept this with me to always remind me of the little Norg you were, no matter how grown-up you have become," the First Elder explained, his eyes glistening with emotion.

Lumark felt a mix of gratitude and curiosity. He couldn't help but wonder why this simple toy held such significance to the First Elder.

"I... I can't remember this," Lumark confessed, his brow furrowing with puzzlement.