Chapter 17: Quidditch

Start from the beginning

The players take their positions in the air in a circle. Athena weaves in, highest amongst. She looks down.

Lee: The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game.
Hooch: Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you. [looks at Slytherin. She kicks the trunk, and the bludgers zoom out.]
Lee: The bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game. [The snitch zooms around each Seeker's head, then disappears. Hooch grabs the Quaffle.]

Lee: The Quaffle is released...and the game begins!

Gryffindor takes possession of the ball and a chaser, Angelia Johnson, zooms past the Slytherins towards their goal, and throws the ball, and scores! There is a ding.

Lee: Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points for Gryffindor! [He presses a button and a 10 shows up beside a plaque with Gryffindor's name. Athena, in the air, claps.]

Gryffindors cheer.

Athena: Yes! [a bludger suddenly zooms by her.] Whoa!
Fred: watch out love [he hits the budged towards a slytherin]

In the stands, Gryffindor cheers.

Hagrid: Well done!
Lee: Slytherin takes possession of the Quaffle. Bletchley passes to Captain Marcus Flint.

Flint dodges people and throws for the Gryffindor hoops. Oliver appears and whacks the ball away with his broom. He smirks at Flint, who glares. Johnson and Katie Bell pass the Quaffle back and forth as they strategize to score. Johnson takes it, throws, and once again scores!

Ron and Seamus: Yay!
Athena: Yes!
Lee: Another 10 points to Gryffindor! [he adds another 10 to the score with a ding.]
Gryffindors: Yay!

The Slytherins decide to get messy. They dodge, kick, and try to score. Once again, Oliver blocks.

Flint: Give me that! [he grabs a beaters bat from one and whacks a bludger right at Oliver. It hits Oliver directly in the stomach and he plummets to the ground, knocked out.]

Regulus scrunches his nose at the sight of Slytherin playing bad. Orion shook his head at the screen 'that's not fair play' he thought.

This causes the entire audience to boo; Athena is visibly upset as the Slytherins laugh. The Slytherin members head off. One jumps over George (or Fred) and scores. Lee adds 10 points in the plaque with Slytherin's name. Athena is upset again. Slytherin cheers.

Flint: [to his teammates] Take that side!

They box Johnson in and sent her into the capes covering one of the towers. She falls down in and is out. The crowd boos. Slytherin scores once again. Suddenly, Athena sees the Snitch. She starts to head off after it and then suddenly her broom starts bucking and turning.

"Athena!" Screams Lily. Fred holds Athena tightly.

Athena: Whoa! Whooa!
Hagrid: What's going on with Athena's broomstick?

Hermione looks through binoculars at Athena, then at Snape, who is visibly muttering.

Hermione: It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom!
Ron: Jinxing the broom? What do we do?
Hermione: Leave it to me. [She hands Ron her binoculars and leaves the stands.]

"SNAPE ILL KILL YOU" charged James who was held back by Sirius, Remus, Monty and Frank whilst the Prewett twins try block his path. Athena quickly runs over to her dad and tries to calm him down. "Dad just watch til the end of the movie, you'll understand" she pleaded. James, who's face was bright red with anger, nodded and walked with Athena back to Lily and Fred. "Hang on what's he doing here?" James pointed at Fred "he's been sat there for a long time James" giggled Lily. James picked Athena up and brought her to the sofa where Sirius and Remus were. Athena and Fred pouted at each other. Lily and her friends giggled at the two.

Athena is knocked and thrown around, then falls, dangling by one arm from the broom.

"Oh I can't look" Dorcas covered her face. James wraps his arms round his little girl.

Ron: [concerned] Come on, Hermione!

Hermione is hurrying up in the tower structures. She appears underneath Snape and touches his cloak with her wand.

Hermione: [quietly] Lacarnum Inflamarae. [A spark ignites and Snape's cloak catches fire. Hermione quickly leaves.]

"Oh we love you Hermione" laughed the marauders, Prewett twins and Weasley twins. Snape sneers at Hermione, Lily saw this and flipped Snape off. "Thank you Hermione" said a trembling Lily. Marlene wrapped her arms around the girl giving her comfort.

Man: Fire! You're on fire!
Snape: What? Oh! [knocks the man back, who falls into Quirrell, who then also falls.]

Snape bats out the fire and acts as though nothing happened. The broom stop bucking, and Athena climbs back on. The Slytherin seeker is after the Snitch. Athena takes off.

Ron: Go!
Hagrid: Go go go!

Athena rams the Slytherin Seeker, then is butted out. She returns, smashing the Seeker again as the Snitch dives. The boy and girl follow, but they approach the ground quickly. The Slytherin Seeker backs out, and Athena pulls up her broom as she follows the Snitch, feet above the ground. Athena stands up, and steps forward, trying to grab the ball. She goes too far, and topples off the broom with a yelp, tumbling on the ground. She gets up and lurches. The crowd gasps. Hermione appears beside a tower to see.

James started rocking back and forth in anticipation.

Hagrid: Looks like she's gonna be sick!

Athena lurches and the Snitch pops out of her mouth. It lands in her hands.]

"THATS MY GIRL/DAUGHTER/GRANDDAUGHTER/GODDAUGHTER/NIECE/SISTER" Screamed Fred, James, Lily, Monty, Mia, Sirius, Marlene, Remus, Dorcas, Alice, Frank and Neville. The Prewett twins were banging on the table whilst chanting "GRYFFINDOR".

Lee: She's got the Snitch! Athena Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch!
Hooch: [Blows her whistle whilst riding on her broomstick] Gryffindor win! [The crowd cheers in joy including Gryffindor]

The past generation were all screaming and shouting. Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were screaming with joy and clapping. Gryffindors we're going absolutely mad. The Weasley twins ran over to Athena and lifted her up onto their shoulders.

Draco: [dismayed] No!
Hagrid: Yes!
Hermione: Whoo-hoo!

McGonagall giggles happily. Athena raises the Snitch into the air and the crowd and her team, cheers.

Crowd: Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor!

"GO GO GRYFFINDOR" was all that was heard in the great hall.

—————————————————————————————————————

A/N:
Hello loves!
How was this Chapter?
I'm pretty sure James is officially Athena's personal cheerleader😂
Have a great day/night
Make sure to stay hydrated and take your medication or I won't give you a cookie 🍪
I love you🤍

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️