chapter X

k n i g h t s  i n  s h i n i n g  a r m o r

♤♡◇♧

"Woah." Ashley's eyes widened to see a small platform held together by two oversized wheels. The wheels seeming to take the platform over to the other side. Below was fiery hot lava, you could feel the heat as you lean your head to look over the fiery pool.

Leon stepped onto the platform, urging you to follow. He reached out his hand for you to hold, grabbing it you step onto the platform, looking back at Ashley.

"Wait here, we'll be right back." Leon speaks, stern in his words. Ashley reaches for the crank and begins turning it, causing the wheels to spin and the platform to move ahead. Your cheeks flushed softly when you realized your hand hadn't separated from Leon's. He didn't seem to mind as he kept his gaze ahead and hand tightly wrapped around yours.

You were half glad he hadn't let go, due to the fear of falling over the edge. Your gaze marking the side of his head as the platform came to a stop. Leon stepped off before pulling you along with him softly, only then did he let go of your hand.

"You alright?" He asked softly, tilting his head to the side. Apparently he'd noticed your flustered expression, this causing you to curse inwardly.

"Yep, all good here." You let out an innocent smirk, hoping he didn't realize the true reason for your gaping eyes in his direction.

He nodded his head in the direction of the double doors that stood smugly up some stairs, urging you to follow and follow you did.

"Holy shit," opening the doors, heat doused you causing sweat to rise from your pores.

Leon pulled his coat off, tossing it to the floor behind the two of you. Your eyes caught what looked like a giant dragon statue, breathing fire from its mouth. Your eyes squinted to focus on what looked to be a man standing atop its head.

Leon pulls out his rifle, aiming for the chains holding said statue before taking the shot, causing the statue to drop into the river of lava that surrounded every platform.

You take the lead, moving quickly down the stairs before soon making contact with a rounded platform, surrounded by metal bars with only small openings on either side spinning around it.

"You ready to jump?" Leon asks, smirking softly. Your eyes widen as you watch his jump across, feet landing squarely on the ground. Leon turns around, his hand out for you.

You take a breath, heaving a sigh before taking a few steps back, gaining momentum as you dash toward the cliff like platform eyes never leaving Leon's hand as your body seems to fly above the opening.

"Shit!" You panic as your arm is grabbed and yanked, pulling you into a warm chest. Leon had his arms around you tightly due to you almost slipping from the ledge.

"Thanks, almost lost my life, there." You quipped, smiling up at Leon, his hair pricked at your cheeks causing you to flush. You began to pull away hearing him speak up.

"Wouldn't be the first time." His voice is playful and causes you to smirk as you watch him run and jump through the opening of the bars onto the other side. He turns around mimicking his actions from earlier, you doing the same.

Once on the other side, you let go of his hand that had once again kept you from falling to your death. Loud grunting startled you and you pulled your pistol from its holster, finding the source of the noise. It was a man adorning an unfamiliar robe, its coloring was purple with golden trim. He held a mace swinging it preparing to attack.