𝐥𝐯. 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬

Start from the beginning

"What about your uncle, Belby?" The professor questioned.

"Him and Dad don't get on. Probably because my dad says potions are rubbish. Says the only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day," Marcus responded with a grin, with a large portion of ice cream in his mouth, that made Blaise slowly shuffle away from him.

"What about you Ms Granger?" Slughorn turned his attention to the muggle-born after being underwhelmed by Marcus' reply, "What exactly does your family do in the Muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists," Hermoine stated and was met with silence.

Artemis knew about the profession from muggle studies and found it disgusting.

"They tend to people's teeth," the muggle-born explained, gaining a few odd looks.

Slughorn hummed, "Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?"

The Muggle world always captivated the professor, however, he would never admit that too loudly, especially if he wanted to social climb.

Hermoine gulped, "No. Although, one boy, Robbie Fenwick, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches," she laughed nervously and Harry smiled at her, meanwhile everyone just stared at her with blank looks, before the door burst open.

Ginny awkwardly walked into the room, gaining everyone's attention, she shifted uncomfortably in her stance.

"Ah, Miss Weasley. Come in, sit down," Slughorn said, motioning to an available chair.

"Sorry, I'm not usually late," Ginny declared and Harry abruptly stood up.

Artemis used her sundae to hide her amusement, whereas her cousin gagged at the second hand embarrassment.

"Sit down four eyes," Blaise hissed and Harry rolled his eyes before settling back in his seat.

"No matter. You're just in time for dessert. That is if Belby's left you any," Slughorn teased the wizard, who didn't take notice and continued eating his dessert.

The Weasley witch took her seat and Artemis finally noticed the bags under her eyes. She must've really liked Dean.

"How many husbands has your mother had again, Blaise?" Slughorn suddenly asked, making the wizard tense, which caught Harry's attention.

Artemis wanted to glare at the professor but her cousin had gripped her hand under the table. She was stunned by the sudden contact, regardless she interlinked their fingers.

Blaise swiped his tongue over his teeth before responding, "Seven. They all passed away," he plastered on a frown, appearing to look sad, although he was anything but.

Slughorn nodded, "I heard Ophelia and Celeste are engaged to Mikaelsons."

All attention was on the cousins now. The Mikaelons were infamous to many wizarding families, their names struck more fear in them, than the Dark Lord himself, but due to the treaty that was put into place, they were not a threat.

Slughorn would love to talk to the the family one day, founding each and everyone of them fantasising, despite their crimes.

Artemis suppressed an eye roll, "Not yet, but I believe they will be married soon."

She sounded almost hopeful, causing a smile to tug at Blaise's lips.

"Ah yes, Artemis, you and Blaise have understandings," Slughorn's exclaimed as his gaze darted between the cousins, as did the others.

Harry eyed the ring that rested on Artemis' hand with a subtle scowl. When he discovered that she was engaged to Draco during the summer he became deeply frustrated, because he believed that the Malfoy wizard was a death eater and potentially was putting her at risk.