From Eye to Eye

Winterfell use to be the place where Jon Snow use to call home, when he was younger but now, Jon feels like a stranger in his own home. He feels lost. Living in Winterfell  with Catelyn Stark for sixteen years of his life has taken its toll on him. As Jon grew, Catelyn seemed to grow colder and meaner, making absolutely it worse. She had made it her mission to make him missable when his father or half siblings weren't present.

Jon didn't really know the extent of her hate until she did something very horrible to him. Jon was fourteen when he became pregnant with Robb's child. Catelyn had found out about it and knew who the father was. To make sure that no one but her knew, she had pushed Jon's stomach very hard against a table corner when she had the chance to. Jon was extremely hurt and had felt his child die within him. He had bleed a lot while Maester Luwin saved him from dying. His half siblings were very worried for his wellbeing. Catelyn had ordered Maester Luwin to keep quiet about the real reason Jon was hurt. Jon never told anyone about what happened. For two years no one knew about the pregnancy except Maester Luwin and Catelyn.

Again, Jon is contemplating about leaving Winterfell. Catelyn's hate was a cage he could never break out of unless he left her presence. Jon was walking through the forest right outside of the his home with Ghost at his side. He and his half siblings each got a direwolf when he was ten. They walked for a few minutes until Robb had found then.

"Mother and father wish to speak to you." he said looking at him.

"Tell them to wait for a few minutes," Jon said as his direwolf went into the forest to hunt "Ghost still needs to feed."

"They said it was important, Jon" Robb said trying to get his brother to leave with him to meet his parents. "Besides, I could stay here and wait for Ghost."

"I'll go once Ghost comes back with his food." Jon said trying to get his brother to leave. Robb gave him an annoyed look.

"Fine, I'll tell them to wait." Robb was angry when he replied. "You do know mother won't like it."

"I know..." Jon said sadly as Robb started to walk towards Winterfell.

As soon as Robb had left, he continued to think about past events in his life. Most of all he remembers how he and Robb had developed a wall between them for almost two years. It happened a month after the night Jon had fallen pregnant and a week after Catelyn forced him to miscarry. Robb wanted to know why Jon denied him the type of affection he wanted when they both had crossed the thin line between brothers and lovers. Jon couldn't answer him and didn't have the will to tell him that he had lost their child. This made Robb act distant towards Jon.

Since then, Jon and Arya bonded more, even though he five years older than her. Arya, who is eleven, and Sansa, who is thirteen, are very opposite from each other. Arya like to play in the mud while Sansa is more lady like. Jon smiles a little when they fight. Sansa takes after her mother, Catelyn, because she also doesn't like him. Jon's brother younger brother Bran is seven and likes to also fight with Ayra for being better at shooting arrows than him.

Five year old Rickon is like a son to Jon because he takes care of Rickon most of the time. It had happened when Rickon was three, Catelyn had told Jon to babysit him three days after she made him lose his child. Jon knew that she did it with the intention to hurt his feelings more because she always smiled when she saw them together.

It took about half an hour for Ghost to come back from his hunt with a dead rabbit in his mouth. "Let's go home..." Jon said to Ghost as he started walking. They were headed home as fast as they could. It has been half an hour since Robb left and it's going to take another half hour to get to Winterfell.

When he arrived home, he went directly to where Catelyn and his father would be. Ghost went to a quiet place to eat his food. He hesitated to knock on the door for a moment before he knocked.

"Come in." Ned said as he was sitting at his desk. As Jon entered the room he noticed that Catelyn was standing near the window.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting." Jon said to both of them.

"Why did you keep us waiting for your presence," Catelyn said "Snow."

"I had taken my direwolf to hunt his food for today" Jon said "when Robb was sent to inform me that both of you wanted to see me."

"Jon, we wanted to talk about what happened two years ago." Ned said calmly "When you had a miscarriage."

Jon was surprised that his father had found out. Catelyn would have never told because she know who the father was. That only left was Maester Luwin.

"I-I..." Jon said nervously to Ned "don't know what to say."

"I wish to know why didn't you tell me?" Ned asked.

"I'm sorry, father." Jon replied. "At the time I was very scared and you were not present in Waterfell."

"Who was the child's father?" Ned asked the one question Jon wished he wouldn't ask him.

"The father was-" Jon started.

"The child father was a traveler." Catelyn replied very quickly stoping Jon's reply.

Jon was completely shocked that she had lied to his father, her husband.

"Is this true, Jon?" Ned asked him. Jon looked at Catelyn before answering.

Before Jon answered, he looked at Catelyn, he wishes he hadn't because she was glared at him. "Yes..." Jon finally said.

"My wife convinced me" Ned told his son "that it is in your best interest to marry you of."

Why was this happening? Jon thought. Did Lady Catelyn want him to leave that much?

"May I ask about whom I am being married to?" Jon said trying to hide his dislike.

"You are betrothed to Ramsay Snow of House Bolton." Catelyn responded. "He is also a bastard like you."

Jon knew that being betrothed to Ramsay was like marrying a wild beast. He never meet him face to face but he doesn't have too to know about the atrocities he has committed. There were rumors that Ramsay liked to torture people for fun.

"He is arriving tomorrow." Ned said. "Both of you are getting married at noon tomorrow."

"Will I be allowed to take Ghost with me?" Jon had to ask.

"Yes, also the Boltons were generous enough to allow you to keep Ghost" Ned answered.

"Is that all?" Jon asked.

"Yes." Catelyn said.

"May I be excused?" Jon said looking at his father.

He allowed him to leave because it was already getting late and it was also time for bed. He want straight to his room. Ghost was waiting for him by his door. As they entered Jon's room, he went to his bed. He knew that by tomorrow everyone will know about his lie. Most of all they will know about the his dead child. Robb is most likely going to be devastated because he's going to marry Ramsay. He wished things were much easier. That he didn't have to marry Ramsay. Jon was inside his bed getting ready to sleep when Ghost decided that he was going to sleep next to Jon. They soon fell asleep.