Epilogue

--Thomas-- 

Thomas woke up in a place he didn't recognize. His eyes were still adjusting to the light and a sharp pain entered his chest, holding his hand on a bandage. He now remembered what had happened, he got shot by Janson and both Newt and Teresa were dead. 

He was in some kind of hut and various bottles, needles and medicine were spread around. He finally left the hut, seeing the ocean in front of him as he looked to the side, an entire camp set up. When he walked through it, glances were shot his way, but the first ones he cared about were those of Minho and Frypan, the boys rushing up to him. Brenda, Jorge, Aris, Gally, Vince, Harriet and Sonya stood around them as he pulled Minho into a hug, no Grace. 

When he finally let go, he looked around for the Medjack. ''Where's Grace?'' Minho gave a soft chuckle, holding his hand out. ''Come with me, she's close.''

''What did I tell you? Do you ever listen to the orders of a Medjack?'' He could hear Grace's voice coming from the hut they were walking towards, a small smile on his face as he walked behind Minho. ''Hey, Minho, can you - '' Her eyes landed on Thomas, a smile on her face as she rushed forward. ''Thomas! Good to see you back on your feet.'' She let go of him, seeing the boy standing in shock.

''Newt?'' She turned to her boyfriend, her smile growing even more. ''Oh, that's right ... ''

''Tommy.'' Grace smiled as Minho gestured to her, wanting to let the two friends alone. Grace walked up to Newt, pecking his lips as she smiled at him. ''I'll see you later, we'll catch up.'' Newt nodded to the bed, letting Thomas sit next to her. 

''What happened ... how are you - ''

''Alive?'' Thomas gave a nod as Newt began. ''It's a long story, but basically, Grace saved us both.'' He sighed. ''When they found me, I still had a pulse, the Serum that Grace had saved me for the time being and she kept me from bleeding out, same for you.'' He chuckled. ''You were in a coma for a week.'' He pointed to the Serum to the side. ''In that week, Grace was able to replicate the Serum.'' 

''So, wait, you're cured?''

''I'm cured, thanks to you.'' 

--Grace-- 

''We have come a long way together.'' Grace sat in between Frypan and Newt as the group of Gladers, with Brenda and Jorge sat together, listening to Vince's speech. ''So many have sacrificed so much to make this place possible. Your friends and your family. So here's to the ones who couldn't be here.'' He raised his cup as others followed. ''Here's to the friends we lost.'' Grace looked at the group around her, remembering all of the friends they had lost, Winston, Chuck, especially Jeff and Clint. ''This place is for you. It's for all of us. But this,'' He pointed at a rock behind him, ''this is for them. So, in your own time, in your own way, come make your peace.'' Grace looked at the rock with a small smile, remembering the tradition they had in the Glade, but this time, not a single name would be crossed out. ''And welcome to the Safe Haven!'' They cheered as Newt pulled Grace into his body, letting their drinks spill everywhere as the group around them chuckled before taking a drink.

 ''And welcome to the Safe Haven!'' They cheered as Newt pulled Grace into his body, letting their drinks spill everywhere as the group around them chuckled before taking a drink

When Grace was ready, she and Newt walked up to the stone with the other gladers, each of them carving a name into the stone. Frypan carved Winston's name, Thomas carved Teresa's name, letting Gally carve Chuck's name. Newt took the next spot, carving Alby's name before passing the knife to Grace. There were a lot of names she wanted to carve, but only two seemed right, and so, she carved both the names of Clint and Jeff. 

So, the ending of this book is here and Newt is alive and healthy! I really hoped you enjoyed this book as much as I did! I really loved playing with the story of the books and the movies and turning it into one with the addition of Grace in there! I'm very curious to the new maze runner book: The Maze Cutter and who knows, maybe I'll make another book about it! I hope you enjoyed and if you did, please leave a vote and a comment and with this I say goodbye to Subject A14: The healer, AKA Grace!

-X Violet's-library