Chapter four

''After the maze, I got picked up by a group headed to the city.'' The group was following Gally with Grace at the front, listening to him talk. ''They realized I was immune, patched me up, and they brought me here to Lawrence. This group's been at war with WICKED ever since they took control of the city. But WICKED can't hide behind those walls forever. Day's gonna come, and they're gonna pay for what they've done.''

''You are starting to sound like those Slintheads at that got blown up.'' Grace commented. Gally looked at her, licking his lips as he shook his head. ''They're not Slintheads, Grace, they're angry, and you should be angry too.'' 

She stopped in her tracks, mouth slightly open as she scoffed. ''Trust me, I am, I'm furious.'' She began to walk again, ''I just don't see how yelling and waving and a bunch of Shucking signs are going to do anything.'' Gally gave a small smile to her.

''You were always the smartest in the Glade.'' He nodded at himself. ''Guess you still are.'' Gally nodded at her as he stopped walking, turning to the group. ''Listen, uh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So, let me do the talking, alright? And try not to stare.'' 

Gally turned on his heel and began to walk into another direction and into another hallway. Grace had placed herself into the back, holding onto Newt's hand as he turned to her. ''Are you okay?'' She nodded as she turned to him. ''Yeah, I just ... it's weird to be here, I'm getting a sense of deja vu, feels like I'm back with WICKED.'' 

He nodded as they still followed Gally. ''You don't have to worry, alright? I won't let you go again.'' He stopped for a moment, letting the others pass as he pulled her into a kiss. ''Never, again, okay?'' She nodded, a small smile pulling on her lips. ''Okay.'' 

''Gally, glad to see you made it back. Jasper told me what happened.''

''It was a slaughter. There's nothing we could do against those guns.'' He spoke as he simply shrugged his shoulders. 

''No, but they can only poke the hornet's nest so long before they get stung.'' Grace now understood why they shouldn't stare. He man was on his way to become a Crank, or well, he already was, but he wasn't past the Gone, his nose missing from his face. ''Now, who are these people? Why are they here?''

''We need to get into WICKED.'' Thomas spoke as he pushed himself to the front. ''Gally said you can get us through the walls.''

''Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep.'' He clicked his IV on the ground, turning to the group. ''Besides, that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside WICKED is impossible.''

''There might be a way now.'' Gally spoke as he held onto his vest. ''But it doesn't work without Thomas'' Grace frowned as she turned to Newt, who had his eyes closed and let a heavy breath leave his body, seemingly knowing what Gally meant. Grace took a step back, ending next to Newt as she grabbed onto his hand. 

''Is that so?'' Lawrence turned to Thomas. ''Do you know what I am... Thomas?'' He leaned close to his ear and Grace could see Thomas' eyes shift to the side, afraid to look at Lawrence. ''I am a businessman. Which means that I don't take unnecessary risks.'' He backed away as Thomas looked at him now. ''Why should I trust you?''

'' 'Cause I can help you. You see, if you can get me through those walls... I can get you what you need.'' Grace had to hold back her smirk, Thomas was getting good at this game.

''What is it that you think I need?''

''Time.'' Grace spoke up as she pointed to the IV with the blue serum in it. ''Every last drop.''

''Is that what I need?''

''WICKED has something we both want.'' Grace looked at Gally, trying to see if Lawrence was serious. ''I'll tell you what. Three can go for now. The rest stay down here with me.'' He nodded at the group behind him. ''Just a little insurance to make sure you find your way back. We have a deal?'' Thomas nodded, holding out his hand. ''We have a deal.''

''Gally, show 'em the way.'' He nodded as he began to walk, Thomas hanging back as he turned to Grace, pulling her into an unexpected hug. The two hadn't talked much since leaving the Glade, even before that, she never really talked to him that much. A frown appeared on her face as she let the boy hug her, before pulling back. ''Thank you, for having my back.'' She frowned again before letting it sink in, he was right, she would always have his back. ''Don't mention it.'' She began to walk away before turning around. ''You're doing great, you know? I'm proud of you.'' 

The entire group stood around Gally, all trying to figure out who were the three people going with him. Thomas was an obvious choice, but the other two seemed to be a struggle. There were arguments to take, or not to take someone. Brenda was taken out of the running rather quickly, as Jorge wanted her to be safe in case she'd suddenly cranked out, they clearly had a serum ready in this place. 

That argument took Jorge out too, wanting to stay with her. So, it was now between Newt, Grace and Frypan. Frypan looked up, taking a step back from the group as he nodded at the couple. ''You two go, I don't want to be the one to break you two up again.'' Grace chuckled as the group of four stood around, Newt nodding as he placed his arm around Grace, placing a kiss on her neck. 

Newt's love language is touch and you can't convince me otherwise! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I post! See you on Wednesday!

-X Violet's-library