Chapter seven

As soon as the couple woke up Grace checked his arm, luckily, it seemed to spread slower than Winston had, probably because Winston's wound had been much more severe. She held the covers close to her chest as Newt gave a soft groan of pain. ''Sorry, it's looking good though, we'll have more than enough time to get the serum for you.'' He softly pulled his arm away, pulling her into a kiss, his hands resting on her bare back. ''You're so beautiful.'' 

His breath turned heavily, his hand moving to her cheek as he deepened this kiss, his limping leg tracing over hers. The action send goosebumps up Grace's body, scooting herself closer to the boy as his hand moved to her hair. Softly tugging at it as his tongue liccked her lower lip, asking for an entrance which she gladly allowed. 

She suddenly pulled back, gasping for air as Newt quickly sat up. He recognized the attack within seconds, moving so she could sit up, the boy supporting her back. ''It's alright, just breathe, it'll pass, you know this.'' 

When the panic attack had passed, she held a hand to her heart. ''Did I do something wrong?'' Her head snapped to Newt, her eyes grew wide. ''What? No, no, Newt, not at all.'' Her breathing finally became normal as she shook her head. ''No, it's just ... '' She sighed as she waved a hand through her hair. ''This is similar to what happened in a simulation ... except the ending wasn't as great.'' 

''Grace, Newt.'' The two looked up to their door, hearing Brenda behind it. ''Are you guys up yet?''

''Yes, we'll be with you guys in a few minutes!'' Grace called back as she heard a groan of pain leaving from Newt's body, holding his infected arm. Grace looked at him as she grimaced. '' Does it hurt much?'' He shrugged. ''One time more than the other.'' 

He grabbed his shirt from next to him, looking around for the rest of his clothes as Grace got dressed as well before the two of them left the room. 

They had regrouped back at Lawrence place as Thomas shook his head. ''No.'' He spoke harshly. ''There's gotta be another way.'' Grace turned to Brenda, who had her eyes closed in frustration as Gally threw his head in his neck. 

''Like what? You've seen the building. She is our only way in.''

''You really think she's gonna help us?'' Thomas asked as Gally scoffed at him. ''I don't plan on asking for her permission.''

''Am I missing something here?'' Brenda looked towards the table with a clear annoyance, his eyes finally open. ''This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?'' Brenda asked as she leaned her head on her hand.

''I like her.'' Gally put his thumb into her direction and Grace nodded.

''What's going on?'' Brenda asked as Newt lifted his head. ''What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt? '' When he didn't get a reaction, he turned to Thomas. ''Hmm? Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?''

''Wait, what are you talking about?''

''Teresa.'' He stated as he turned to Grace and pointing at her. ''She's the only reason that Grace and Minho got taken in the first place.'' He lowered his hand as he walked closer to Thomas. ''Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her?'' He had backed Thomas up against a wall as he came in his face. ''Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it.''

''Newt, I...'' Newt shoved him against the wall, holding him in place as Grace walked up to them.

''Don't lie to me! Don't lie to me!'' She pulled him back as he realized what he was doing. ''Newt.'' He looked around, seeing her gaze on his arm. ''Sorry.'' He then turned to the rest as they stared at him. ''I'm sorry.'' He walked out of the room as Grace nodded at Thomas to follow him, mouthing a ''go.'' before she turned to the others.

Newt had told everyone the secret and the group had finally found the urgency, convincing Thomas of getting Teresa. ''Okay, before we get her, I want to hear the full plan.'' Grace spoke, looking over to the others. 

''Okay, so let me get this straight ... '' She had her eyes closed in concentration, reciting the plan again. ''I am going to be waiting on the bus with Brenda while you guys get Minho?'' Thomas nodded. ''And when we get the serum and Minho we get back to you, we all get on the bus, you help Newt with the serum and then Frypan comes into the plan.''

''Okay ... and what about Teresa?''

''Se is first going to help us with the trackers in our necks and help us get in with her thumbprint.'' Grace nodded as she turned to Jorge. ''Okay ... and so Jorge is going to leave early and get the Berg from our camp, get it to us, and get us out again.'' Grace sighed, waving her hand through her hair. ''Okay ... let's do it.'' 

I decided to put Grace somewhere else in the plan to get a bit of variation and I cannot wait! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I post! See you on Wednesday!

-X Violet's-library