New People (Rewritten)

Running, running and more running was the only thing Y/N could do.

The fire nation invaded his home, took his parents captive and now he's running away without fighting back. What was he supposed to do? Surely there were risk involved if he fought back.

Yet, he didn't care about any of those, he continued trudging down the forest that loomed over his village, hoping to hide himself....away from the fire nation.

He was in disbelief, guilt and sadness, he wanted to just fall down to the ground and silently sob, hoping that some miracle happen and this day gets reversed.

Ofcourse, nothing happened, Y/N accepted the harsh truth, reality doesn't go your way, and even if it did, there will always be a catch.

Losing his energy quite rapidly, Y/N managed to locate a cave in the middle of this dense forest, without thinking about any potential danger inside the cave, he swiftly made himself home and slept on a pile of rocks.

Waking up at the first hints of dawn, Y/N began to gain conscious as he groggily woke up. Everything was real and it happened. None of this was a dream.

Unsatisfied by this, he got up from the rocks he was sleeping in and started stretching his sore muscles. After stretching, he calmly exited the cave.

The same glint of hope that was on his eyes was slowly but surely fading away, he felt the need to take his revenge on the fire nation, to save his parents. But he knew one thing: He's not ready yet.

Walking through the forest in complete silence, looking for food. Y/N's ears picked up something, almost the sound of a groan...a human groan. His instincts kicking in, Y/N cocked his head to the origin of the sound.

Surprisingly, a boy that have a wolf cut for a haircut and blue colored attire was seen to be stuck in a crack. His entire outfit screamed "water tribe".

Feeling safe with that information, Y/N cautiously approached the boy who was trying to get back his boomerang.

Y/N: Hello?

Y/N asked, with a hint of cautiousness and curiosity, how did this dude end up here?

Taken back by the sudden voice, Sokka looked at the approaching Y/N as he sighed in relief.

Sokka: You! tough guy, I need you to help me get out of this hole.

Y/N was walking toward the boy wondering if he should use his gravity bending. He decided that it was better to use his bending with the ground to help the boy.

Y/N raised his finger to use his bending and raise the ground, the boy was confused by this and decided to ask him but soon was cut off by the sound of the ground under him raising.

Y/N: Here you go, uhm....

The boy looked at him with confusion and shock.

Sokka: Are you an earth bender?

Y/N nodded slowly. Not wanting to just reveal to a potential enemy his secrets.

Sokka: Nice, I never really thought I would see some around this empty area.

Sokka: Anyway, thanks for getting me out of that hole, I was really stuck between a rock and a hard place. Is there any way I can repay you?

Y/N:  Actually....you don't have to worry about repaying me, I just do what's right.

The boy: Well, I guess you're right. I'm Sokka and you?

Y/N: I'm Y/N pleasure to meet you Sokka.

Y/N: Say Sokka. What were you doing in that hole?

Sokka: Yeah, we're not going to talk about that.

Sokka was getting ready to make his way back to the camp before looking at Y/N.

Sokka: Hey... I wonder, are you the only one here?

This question slightly struck a nerve to Y/N. On one hand, he could give him the village location and risk him being captured by them, on the other hand, he would become suspicious if he lied.

Y/N: Well, I do have a few friends over here.

Sokka: That's, good. I heard there are alot of platypus bears around these areas.

Sokka's stomach grumbled as he clutched it.

Sokka: Too bad there are not alot of food around these areas.

Y/N: Well I got some blueberries if you want.

Sokka: Are you sure? I mean, I'm hungry and stuff but I don't want to take your food.

Y/N: Oh, no, I insist you take them.

Y/N handed Sokka the berries as Sokka took them almost immediately which made Y/N slightly drop a sweat.

Sokka: it's not as good as the seal jerky but it'll do the job.

Y/N: glad to hear that.

As Sokka was about to leave back to his friends, he asked Y/N a question that he never thought anyone would ask him

Sokka: Wanna come back with me? I could introduce you to my friends if you want.

Appreciating the offer, Y/N smiled as he agreed. Sokka took the lead, already aware of their camping place.

When they arrived, Y/N could see a tan skinned girl, wearing similar color schemed clothes just like Sokka and a short girl with a different color scheme this time, it was the earthbender's attire. And a young bald monk with arrow tattoo on his forehead.

Not to mention the giant freaking bison.

Y/N: Hello.

Y/N greeted with a smile on his face, the boy with tattoos on his head went to Y/N with warming smile plastered on his face.

Aang: Hey there! I'm Aang. Nice to meet you.

Y/N: Greetings, Aang. My name's Y/N L/N but you could call me Y/N.

They both shook hands as the water tribe girl went to introduce herself to the new stranger Sokka brought.

Katara: Hello! I'm Katara.

She bowed slightly and Y/N bowed back as well.

Y/N: Pleased to make your acquaintance.

The short girl decided to walk over the group and introduce herself as well.

The girl: Name's Toph.

The girl said in a tone of confidence and pride.

Y/N: nice to meet you toph.

Toph: Say Y/N. Are you an earthbender?

Y/N was slightly nervous by this question as he didn't want to reveal his true bending yet.

Y/N: Uhm- Yeah I'm!

(Cliffhanger Moment)