Chapter 59. A Scar Across the Back

Start from the beginning

"...shower?" Daphnne's mouth twitched.

Before Lucilline's return back to the Capital City a couple days ago, Azalea rarely ever returned to this small house. Less alone shower in this small house, he didn't even eat here! He rejected all of Daphnne's invitations for dinner, but none worked.

The heroine could only sigh helplessly, and hoped that he ate well at the Royal Knights' quarters.

"This house does indeed have a bath tub," Daphnne felt irked, "But I remember that there is also one in the Royal Knights' quarters."

Azalea arched an eyebrow, as if wondering why she was acting weird.

"Isn't it obvious? I don't want to expose my precious body to those brutes," Azalea jokingly spoke, a smile raised on his lips. "The shower there is public, and every knight is gathered at an aisle to shower together. I really can't stand it!"

Daphnne felt something inside herself die.

She sighed. Back in the orphanage, you and the other kids would shower together all the time. Now you're complaining about showering with a bunch of Knights?

But then she felt something click.

Could it be that...

The heroine raised her suspicious eyes to look at the white-haired young man. Did Az finally realize his own sexuality? Is that why he can't stand to shower with his comrades?

Fufufu... Daphnne giggled to herself.

"I understand!" Daphnne heartily laughed, "You want to reserve your precious body for only Lucilline to see! I know I know!" She wiped a plate and set it aside.

Contrary, Azalea's face had a slash of blush whipped across his cheeks!

His white earlobes had burned in crimson red, while the young knight was shaken from top to bottom. He rushed to say something, "I-It's not like that... I don't want to show my body to Lucy... it's not like that at all! I just didn't want to shower at the quarters—"

"Go upstairs. There is some warm water prepared already." Daphnne didn't bother to listen, wiping a plate and setting it aside.

Azalea realized that his childhood friend would not listen.

He could only sigh and rush upstairs, his figure disappearing behind the corridor.

Daphnne merely giggled to herself. As expected. Az is only more talkative when it comes to Lucilline. She felt proud of her discovery. Maybe I should tell Willow about this.

The sound of running water had permeated upstairs.

Azalea locked the door behind him, watching the warm water pour into the bath tub. Hovering steam suffused in the air, warming his cheeks into a small blush.

He leaned against the door, feeling his heart lodged in his throat. "...how is Daphnne so accurate about me all the time...?"

The young knight sighed. He slipped down his suit, the clothing gently folded into one square. His shirt was stripped off, draping it across the folded suit.