Party pooper ( L.M)

this chapter  is based off of cobra kai's season 5 episode 8!!( I do not own cobra kai or any of the characters)

Luis and Y/n were both busy with their own things and had little time for each other. last weekend Y/n wanted to talk to him and possibly hang out, but his mother said he had left with the head cheerleader to study. His mom let her in and said she could wait in his bedroom if she liked. Y/n did that and waited for luis.

Moments later he arrived and was very stunned to see her sitting there. "hey luis." she spoke up. they talked and luis admitted that he kissed mindy. But he told her how he let his thoughts get a hold of him since Y/n didn't give him much affection since they're both busy. Luis then said that they were both still in love but he said that they should break up.

Y/n was too stunned to say anything so she walked out of his bedroom without a word leaving her mouth. Luis instantly regretted it the next day because he had realized he had lost the girl that loved and understood him more than anything.

it's been a week since their breakup and Y/n still wasn't feeling much better. it was currently a friday afternoon and she was hanging out at julies place with connie.

"please Y/n just come to our game tomorrow!" Julie pleaded. "yeah cmon it's our last home game!" connie said. "fine. only because it's your guys last home game!" Y/n said. the two girls cheered since they finally convinced her.

"You should also come to the party the team is throwing" Julie told her. "you should! even if we win or lose were still throwing a party." connie said. "where is it going to be?" Y/n asked. "do you remember where the last high school party was thrown at? its gonna be there." Y/n nodded yes. "yeah i know now, maybe... ill think about it" she said. "ill be able to give you a ride since your parents are going to be working" connie told her. after that it was getting dark so y/n and connie decided to start going back to their own homes.

y/n thought that it was going to be funny if they lost and were still throwing a party. it was like if they were celebrating their loss. she told Connie about it. "I think they didn't think about that. they said it was just a 'ducks party'" she laughed.

-next day/ Y/ns pov-

The game ended 10 minutes ago and im currently doing touch ups to my hair and makeup. It was getting super hot in there so of course it got messed up.

Connie said that she was going to pick me up but the party dosent start in an other two hours. so the girls can also get ready. I decided to get ready super early because i sometimes mess up and if i did it right before the party i would've been super stressed.

i was just on my phone to pass time. surprisingly the time passed really fast because i heard a honk outside my house i checked the time and 1 hour and 30 minutes had already passed by.

i got into the car and said hi to connie. she was blasting her music on our way to the party and we were both singing along. "oh this is gonna be so fun!" she yelled through the music. i laughed at her and kept singing.

we arrived at the part and i got off. there was already a couple people here. i said hi to julie and we started talking.

there was more and more people coming in. The room was now fully crowded with people dancing. "oh my god hey!!" connie said as she walked up to her friend. i turned around and connie laughed. "i've got to go look for you know who" she said and winked. i smiled at her.

i wanted to go dance so i did. a couple guys asked me to dance but i declined them and danced away from them.

after an hour of dancing i got thirsty. I was on my way to the kitchen until i saw luis kissing another girl on the couch. i suddenly felt my eyes start to water. i didn't want to cry . i turned around and bumped into someone by accident. "sorry" i said quickly before walking away. but i wasn't quick enough because Luis saw me.

"y/n!! wait!!" i heard him. i completely ignored him and walked away through the crowd of people. i lost him in the crowd and kept walking. i didn't even look for connie, which she was my ride home.

i saw the small cafe nearby and i walked in sitting down in one of the booths. i texted connie telling her that i was at the cafe and that i was going to stay here. it was much fresher here anyways.

date published: dec. 28 2022
word count: 864