404; am i swimming or drowning?

As the two bands waited in the back, the commotion invisible to them because of the stage, Evander and Lynx walked in.

“We’re going out in a couple of minutes,” Evander said. “You guys ready?”

George nodded, and his band murmured their agreements. Take Me To Hell seemed to share a grin as they nodded as well.

“Why don’t you go out a few minutes early,” Lynx suggested. “Go make the fans happy.”

Dream got up from where he sat on an uncomfortable chair and stretched. “Alright then, let’s go guys.”

He grabbed a mic from a guy standing in the opening to the stage as his band followed. 404 followed eagerly and George was only reluctant because of the fact that Dream was leading them out. They were the ones that invited them to perform in concerts, not the other way around.

Just as he came out on stage with the crowds’ cheers rising, Dream began speaking, a stupid smile on his face.

“What’s up, London? How’s everyone doing tonight?” Dream greeted, that stupid smile widening as cheers responded to his question.

George walked around Dream and tilted his head so he could whisper right into the man’s ear, just loud enough to be heard over the commotion of the crowd. “This is my concert, back the fuck down and let me introduce everything.”

Dream side-eyed him. “Damn, alright, sweetheart, do your thing.”

George huffed as he glared at Dream once more before giving the crowd a big smile and greeting them. They cheered loudly as he spoke, and perhaps a little louder as he introduced Take Me To Hell, though it was quite obvious they didn’t need one.

“We’re opening,” George muttered as he passed by Dream.

The blond gave him a stupid grin. “‘Kay, sweetheart.”

Rolling his eyes, George tapped his foot as his band started. The lights dimmed and hushed cheers ran through the air.

“I bet you feel it now, baby,
Especially since we’ve only known each other one day,
But, I’ve got to work shit out, baby.”

“I’m exercising demons, got ‘em running’ ‘round the block now,
Location drop, now,
Pedal to the floor like you’re running from the cops now.”

“Oh, what a cop out.”

“You think you danced with the devil, you love him now.”

He internally swore as he sang the next verses. Goddamn devil. What he had called Dream; or rather, his voice.

“Out in California, I’ll be forward stroking, swim,
So hard to ignore ya’, ‘specially when I’m smoking, swim,
World is on my shoulders, keep your body open, swim.”

“I’m swimming, I’m swimming, I’m swimming yeah.”

“I'm swimming, I’m swimming, I’m swimming, yeah.”

The crowd was singing along softly as George continued. Lights flashed on and off of colors blue and purple. When he looked out of the corner of his eye, Dream was lazily swaying to the music.

The lights made him look fucking good.

George hated it.

His band went on as he went silent for a couple of beats.

“Pop a couple pills in the daytime,
How’d you get a phone with a headlight,
Probably should’ve fucked on the first night,
Now I gotta wait for the green light.”

The crowd had these verses down perfectly, and George was grinning wide.

“Location drop now,
Pedal to the floor, like you’re running from the cops, now.”

“Oh, what a cop out.”

“You think you danced with the devil, you love him now.”

“The water’s getting colder,
Let me in your ocean, swim.”

“Out in California, I’ll be forward stroking, swim,
So hard to ignore ya’, ‘specially when I’m smoking, swim,
World is on my shoulders, keep your body open, swim.”

God, he loved the feeling. Quackity was smiling when George looked over. Tommy and Wilbur were sharing their own look, with Wilbur looking down at Tommy with a proud smile.

“Swim,
Push the water to the edge, and watch it drip,
Check your footing, don’t get caught up in the rip,
I know I said I’d call, I never did, no.”

“Swim. swim now,
I can take you even though I’ve never been there,
The tide has currently been thrashing around me again and again,
I’ve been drowning for a minute, your body keeps pulling me in.”

After a little longer, the song faded to an end. Dream walked over to him, bending down to whisper in George’s ear so he could be heard over the crowds’ screaming.

‘You want two of yours, two of mine, and so on?” He asked with a tilt of his head.

George shrugged, leaning back to let Dream hear him, and said, “Sure, yeah, whatever.”

The music started again, and immediately, a cheer grew in the crowd. It was only a couple months ago when George realized a lot of his fans loved this song.

“Sever off the head and watch the body fall,
See you in the depths, that ain’t a metaphor,
Sex, blood, fashion, dripping holy water.”

At times, he was very curious why many loved this song.

It wasn’t the… best.

“Triple the six, abandon your god 'cause he don't exist,
I'll keep the blade, only talk a few weeks and I'll cut off your wrists,
Medication gets me higher than heaven, but bro I'm the shit
Better fix I saved for Hades, I'm popping the pills when I'm sick.”

“I only exist to fall
Habits like the ghost of God,
I'll just walk the earth till I'm gone,
Feeling homesick, fire up your throne, bitch,
Shut up.”

“Devilish, fucking with my guys, yuh,
I make sacrifices, you make lies up,
Heaven lost an angel when I signed up,
I might fuck your friend, I made my mind up.”

Nevertheless, the crowd screamed as they sang along. Lights flashed different colors than the last.

With a glance to the left, George heard, or rather, saw, Dream mouth a “holy shit” with a shake of his head and a laugh.

“Settle down, you don't wanna see me drag the devil out,
You don't wanna see no demons in your fucking house,
You don't want severe damage in your mental house.”

“I take drugs on the daily,
I take pity on the people who try to save me, yuh.”

“God doesn't exist and even if he could,
Oh, bitch you would never catch me praying.”

More screams echoed from the crowd as they sang, the song finally ending with a hushed fade.

~~~~~~~
hey! reminder, the whole song won’t probably show up, lines will be skipped for writing purposes or because something else was written down instead of lyrics :)