4. being a woman

Mulai dari awal

"But—".

Roseva growled under her breath, "Don't push me, Rhae, I will make you read the maesters book again".

Boremund watched impressed as the Princess closed her mouth but not before huffing and walking off to the side to wait for Roseva to come with her.

Roseva smiled and turned back to her father, kissing his cheek before bidding her goodbyes before walking with the Princess to where the tournament was being held.

"Be welcome!", Visery's voice carried through the air as Roseva and Rhaenyra climbed the stairs where the King and other highborns were sitting.

Roseva walked past the Hand of the King, Otto Hightower with Rhaenyra behind her, her hands bunched on the back of the older woman's gold dress so she didn't get lost finding her seat. A hand came to stop the woman, her small gasp made Rhaenyra stop as well.

"You look beautiful, Lady Roseva", it had been Otto who had stopped them.

The Lady looked at the hand gripping her arm and swiftly smiled in thanks to his unusual compliment before straightening herself, grabbing Rhaenyra's hand and walking to their seats at the front of the crowd.

"I know many of you have travelled long leagues to be at these games. But I promise, you will not be disappointed", Visery's continues his speech, crown hung nicely on his famous Targaryen hair. "When I look at these fine knights in these lists, I see a group without equal in our histories. And this great day has been made more auspicious by the news... that I am happy to share:", Roseva shared a smile with Visery's as herself and Rhaenyra sat with Alicent. "Queen Aemma has begun her labours!".

Clapping filled the air, the people of the Seven Kingdoms chanted and smiles were shared — they all prayed to the Gods for a son, even if Roseva secretly wanted Rhaenyra on the throne.

"May the luck of the Seven shine upon all combatants!".

The men fought like wild animals, Roseva merely bored-clapped as men were thrown from their horses — blood splattering across the floor and squires dragged their bodies away.

"A mystery knight?", Rhaenyra asked as a knight from the Baratheon house stopped in front of their post.

Alicent piped up in argument, "No, a Cole, of the Stormlands".

Roseva rose an eyebrow and stared down at the knight on his horse, "Yes, I have heard of the infamous Cole's — rather attractive I hear".

Alicent and Rhaenyra both giggle at her antics but swiftly stop as Lord Boremund Baratheon shouted, "Princess Rhaenys Targaryen! I would humbly ask for the favour of 'The Queen Who Never Was'".

Sighing, Roseva slapped a hand over her face, her family were going to be the death of her.

"Lord Stokeworth's daughter is promised to that young Tarly squire", Rhaenyra told her friends.

"Lord Massey's son?", Alicent asked with surprise and Rhaenyra nodded. "They're to be married as soon as he wins his knighthood", she continues.

"Best get on with it. I heard that Lady Elinor is hiding a swollen belly beneath her dress".

Roseva didn't pay attention to their gossip, only watching as her grandfather was thrown from his horse — her gasp sent shivers down her friends spines as they watched as she stood from her seat and run over to the bannister. Hands clutched the wood, the sting of holding it so tight paid her no mind.