Suddenly the door to the cabin opened and Tech walked out. Crosshair immediately stood, dropping Omega's hand. "How is she Tech?" Hunter asked before Crosshair could. Tech sighed and adjusted his goggles. "Mom's fine. The sutures are finished and she should be waking up shortly."

"Are we allowed inside?" Omega asked, standing up. Tech nodded and opened the door behind him to let the little blonde inside.

The others followed right behind her and they all crowded around the bunk Riley was laying in. "When is she supposed to wake up?" Wrecker asked quietly, looking towards Tech. "Soon i hope."

"Well it's taking too long!" Wrecker exclaimed. "Wrecker relax, Riley will be fine." Echo sighed, rubbing a hand over his face.

"You don't know that—"

Wrecker was cut off by a groan coming from the bed. Sure enough, Riley was waking up. Tech had to stop her from sitting up so she just lay on her back. "Mm..what...what happened?" She asked, her voice quiet and groggy.

"You passes out." Omega told her blankly. "I-um, okay...?" Riley looked at the boys for a better explanation. "You got shot. You passed out. Tech gave you stitches.What else is there to know?" Crosshair said, crossing his arms.

"Speaking of, you should take some painkillers. I'll go get some." Tech said, leaving the room. There was a kind of awkward tension in the room, nobody quite knew what to say. Riley noticed though that Crosshair seemed to be glaring at her. "What's wrong hon?" She asked him.

"We told you to stay on the ship. You didn't, and now you're hurt!" He spat. "I've been through worse. I'm fine Cross, really." She tried reassuring him.

"No, you're not fine. Why didn't you say something sooner, before you pass out? You could have died from blood loss! Do you know how kriffing worried we've all been?" He snapped at her, he didn't care how mean he sounded, he was furious that Riley didn't listen, that she didn't tell them anything.

Riley knew he was just being protective, she knew he would blame himself for anything and everything that happened to her. She wanted to comfort him somehow, let him know she was alright and it wasn't his fault. She knew Cross was too stubborn to listen to anything she said, so Riley figured that actions spoke louder than words.

Riley remained quiet for a few minutes, for a second Crosshair thought he had stepped too far and hurt her feelings

"Do you want a hug?"

Crosshair looked at her like she was crazy, but Riley just held her arms open and smiled at him warmly. As much as he hated his brothers and sister seeing him soft, Cross really did want a hug.

He crouched down and gently wrapped his arms around Riley, being careful and avoiding her wound. "I'm sorry Crossie." She whispered. Crosshair hid his face in the crook of her neck, "You're forgiven." He mumbled.

Riley chuckled and attempted to sit up but Crosshair stopped her. "Tech said to stay." He told her, letting go and standing back up. Riley grumbled and crossed her arms.

Omega stepped towards the bed Riley was laying on, "Can I hug you?" She asked timidly. Riley beamed with joy and held her arms open, nodding enthusiastically. "Of course you can kiddo!"

Omega climbed into the bed and hugged Riley. "Don't hog her 'Mega!" Wrecker pouted, Riley laughed and looked at the boys. "Cuddle pile?"Everyone immediately piled on top of the bed and snuggled into Riley.

"Am I not invited?" A very offended voice said. Riley made eye contact with a familiar set of goggles and chuckled. "Of course you're invited Techie. We're just saving the best for last." She teased, scooting towards Hunter so Tech would have more room.

Could the bed hold 5 grown adults, a child, and man the size of a baby rancor? Apparently it could, believe it or not.

"Just know that if we get up and Mom's stitches are opened I am punishing all of you." Tech threatened. The others laughed and scoffed. "You wouldn't dare since she's here watching you." Hunter remarked from Riley's left side.

Tech grumbled and Riley grabbed hold of his hand. "Don't worry Tech, I'll be fine."

Crosshair scoffed, "People always say that and then it goes to shit-"

"CROSSHAIR SHUT UP!"

————————————————————

Word count: 1276

Hi! Turns out I'm okay! Thank the force we didn't lose power, so I was able to find enough time to finish this chapter. Updates might be a little inconsistent but oh well.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! This book might be coming to an end soon 👀

Idk actually lol I have some things I wanna add in before I end it, but just know I have my ending all planned out lol.

Thank you all for understanding my current situation, I'm pretty sure I can have a normal-ish schedule now even though me and my family are still in the Airbnb.

Love you all 3,000

~Hex