Chapter 4 Trial (Part 2, END)

Start from the beginning

Why am I being treated as a murderer?!

I'm not the killer!

I don't want to die...

You want to kill me!

You're a terrible brother!

That's wrong!

Teruya's the killer!

We're siblings, aren't we?

If we're siblings, then you can't accuse me, Mikado...

I'm innocent! I wouldn't hurt anyone!

You're fucking wrong!

You dumb bitch!

How could have I scooped in that jam?!

SPOON ON THE FLOOR

"It's all over for you!"

Sora was struck down screaming in despair with the most powerful blow I had to offer, her dress left tattered enough to expose the bloodied gashes in her scuffed-up skin. She wiped the tears from her eyes, frozen and defeated.

BREAK!

I gasped as I remembered the final piece of evidence that would seal her fate.

This is my proof!

"Hey, Sora." I spoke. "Remember the baking session we did?"

"Yes," she said.

"Well, during the investigation, Teruya found a spoon on the floor." I revealed.

"Maybe this was the spoon used?"

"Sora, I think it was you." Nikei pointed at the girl.

The pop sensation sighed.

"I... I did it..." she breathed despondently.

"I believe it's time to go over the whole case," Teruya softly suggested. "Could we go over this one more time, from the beginning? Just in case someone still thinks I did it..." I nodded solemnly as he glanced over to Iroha, who rolled her eyes in response.

Yes... as horrible as it is... we must be absolutely certain of the truth.

I nodded.

"Okay, everyone. Here's how this case went down!"

CLOSING ARGUMENT

ACT 1

"The crime began during the all-girls baking event Hibiki Otonokoji was hosting. Iroha Nijiue - Ultimate Lucky Student - and Hibiki decided to bake a strawberry pie. Since Hibiki wasn't used to baking, someone decided to help her... someone who, unfortunately, turned out to be her killer."

ACT 2

"After Hibiki and Iroha prepared the pie, the culprit filled it with strawberry jam. Unbeknownst to the culprit, this strawberry jam was poisoned. The culprit didn't know this, however."

ACT 3

"When the pie was finished, Teruya decided to take a slice out of it. However, it's kitchen rules that the first person who eats the food is the one who made it. So, Hibiki ate the now-toxic pie instead."

ACT 4

"Hibiki was then poisoned to death, choking on her own vomit before she died. And this happened right in front of me, Nikei, the culprit, Iroha and Teruya, which triggered the body discovery announcement."