A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. Our nurse maid Alicia walks in.
"Young miss? Your father asked me to help you pack your trunk if that's alright."
Of course, I'd accept her help. This woman practically raised me. There wasn't a moment that I can recall without her. My own mother couldn't be there as Ashley and I grew up, but Alicia was, and I appreciated that more than anything.
"I would love some help, actually," I said, offering her the biggest smile I could manage.
If you asked Alicia, I was always a sweet little girl, even when running around getting into trouble. I could never do wrong in her eyes. Just wait until she finds out what kind of monster I really am.

I find myself increasingly angered by the littlest thing. Even going as far as to wish harm on others. I remind myself to act calm and collected in public for my sake and others, but this is what I stayed in Japan for, to learn to control this. Ashley thinks I studied abroad, and I guess technically I did, but the real reason I stayed was because I couldn't control myself. At first, it was the bloodlust and then it was the anger. I thought I could deal with it or rather suppress it, but I only succeeded in overwhelming myself to the point where I had melted down, attacking another student at my school. Luckily for me, we attended a night school that was used to seeing its fair share of vampires, so the incident was written off.

So that's about it. I spent almost the rest of the night with Alicia helping me pack my bags for Hogwarts. In two weeks, I'd be going to Diagon Alley, hopefully after Ashley comes back, and then it's almost time to go to Hogwarts. This should be interesting.

*Two weeks later*

(Rachel's POV)

"Welcome home," I greeted, hugging my sister firmly. I caught a whiff of her sweet scent, sending a shiver down my spine. I quickly pulled away, passing my hand under my nose as if to brush the smell away, but it didn't have the desired effect. Ashley had just gotten back early this afternoon, and we were busy catching up. She was telling me stories about what she did in Italy, and it sounded like she had a lot of fun.
"Yes, oh my gosh, it's so beautiful there. Maybe dad will take us there sometime. You'd love it, Rachel."
Ashley raved. Her bubbly attitude never ceased to amaze me.
On the other hand, I was excited for a different reason because tomorrow, we'd be visiting Diagon alley to get all of our necessary school supplies for Hogwarts, and I couldn't wait.

*The next day*

I was awakened by Ashley shaking me, trying to get me to wake up.
"Come on, Rachel, get up. You have to get ready. We're going to leave soon." "Alright, alright, I'm up," I replied groggily, trying to wipe the sleep off my face.
I dragged myself to the bathroom getting in the shower to wash really quick. Once I had gotten out, I decided to get Ashley to help me put my hair in a French braid, brushing my bangs lightly to the side, sitting above my left eyebrow. I pulled out my favourite white jeans, a dark red blouse, pairing them with a Jean jacket and black ankle boots. I usually don't wear accessories except for the rosary.
I haven't touched makeup yet, unlike Ashley, who apparently needs mascara because her eyelashes are too light, whatever that means. "Alright, I'm done. Can we go?"
I asked my father as I descended downstairs. Ashley was already waiting for me. She was wearing a simple yellow sundress with a black waist belt and a pair of black flats. She had her golden hair down. Her bangs swept to the left same as mine.
"Yes, now come, girls," Father said as he extended both arms for us to grab. We latched onto his arms before we apparated. When you apparate, you get this feeling of your body being twisted and pulled. It was kind of nauseating at first, but finally, everything stopped spinning, and when my vision became clear, we were in Diagon Alley.
Once we got there, dad gave both Ashley and me some money to go off and get our supplies. Dad had some other business to attend to.

And just like that, Ashley had that big grin on her face again.
"So, where do you want to go first, Sis? Do you want to get our wands, our robes, our books or maybe the pet store?" Ashley asked eagerly, obviously wanting to get going already.
I laughed at her enthusiasm, grabbed her hand and started pulling her towards the robes shop.