Chapter 12

Hey guys! Well I just wanted to say thank you for everything. For all the votes. All the comments. For staying with me through it all. I know you're probably tired of hearing me say this over and over again but I'm serious. You all mean a lot to me. But I'm sad to say that this is the last chapter of Red Band Society. So enjoy while you can! I love you all!!!

~Jeri

Chapter 12

"I'm adopted? By who?" I asked almost jumping out of the car.

"Emilys parents. She wanted you and they adopted you. They're on their way to come pick you up." My mom said.

"Really? I get to leave?!" I said with excitement.

"Yes. So don't unpack. You have to sign a few papers before you leave though." My dad said.

"Okay. I'll sign any paper! I get to leave!" I yelled jumping up and down.

When we pulled into the drive way at our house the only thing that came to mind was Leo. I couldn't leave him behind. Leo was one of the only people I actually cared about.

Walking in the doors I said good bye to the few that I actually enjoyed. Which there went to many.

I went to the office to fill out papers. I saw Emily standing there with her parents.

"Emily!" I yelled and she turned around.

She ran into my arms and I took her into my embrace. I hugged her little body as hard as I could.

"I've missed you so freaking much. I have a lot to tell you." I said.

"Same. But we can talk when we get home." she said.

"Where do we live?" I asked

"About three hours away. But I told them I needed you and they wanted another one. Someone who could take care of me when their at work." that broke my heart. They're almost taking her back out of guilt.

Three hours away. I would never be able to see Leo again. I walked away towards her parents.

"Before we leave can we stop at the hospital. I wanna say goodbye to my friend again since we live three hours away I don't know when I'll be able to see him again." I pleaded hoping they would say yes.

"Sure, we can meet your therapist then and speak to him." she said

"Great, my stuff is already packed so we don't need to wait any longer." I exclaimed.

"I'll just finish the paper work if you wanna put your stuff in the car. Emily can show you where it is." her dad said.

Grabbing my two black suitcases and my backpack I followed Emily out the door. She walked up to a red Honda SUV and opened up the trunk. Placing my bags in the trunk and closing it shut, it hit me.

I have a family now.

People who actually love me and want to be with me.

The only people who have done that before is the Red Band Society. We may have had our differences but we were always there for each other no matter what it was.

My foster parents and my new parents both came walking out of the building. My new ones got into the car while I had to say goodbye to my foster parents.

My mom pulled me into a warm embrace.

"I'm going to miss you Rowan. You've come along way." she said