Chapter 1

It had been days since Aspen had died. She was currently in her own coffin just laying in it. The coffin was placed in a garden house in the back of the school. It was her favorite place to be when she wanted to get away from reality.

It had reminded her of her little hideout she had with her mom back in Georgia. It reminded her of the simpler times, when she didn't have to worry about spirits and monsters.

She looked absolutely radiant in her coffin, even in death she was beautiful.

When the twins organized everything they made sure she looked enchanting, like a princess. Alaric and Damon had made a glass coffin like snow whites.

Stefan, albeit sobbing the entire time, picked out one of her most beautiful and favorite dress. The man was hurting so much. It seemed that everybody he loved leaves. He thought he had found his soulmate but it seems that even she had been ripped from him.

The twins and Bonnie used magic to make the inside of the greenhouse look like something out of a Disney movie. One of fairy tales. With overgrown flowers and grass to make her look as if she was mother nature herself, resting in the garden of earth.

Caroline touched up Aspen's makeup to make sure she looked absolutely beautiful. Even more so then she naturally did. She did minimal makeup anyways, just a bit of mascara and blush. She only wanted to bring some life to her appearance, for everybody's sake.

Yet, where were the Mikaelson's?

They left the school after Aspen sacrificed herself and have yet to return.

Hope was in shambles, her sister had once again saved her at the cost of her life.

She was blaming herself and in all honesty so were the twins.

Hope did try to reach out to try and help with arrangements but the twins gave her glares. They shut the door in Hopes face, causing Hope to sob her whole way home.

Alaric had decided to end school and send home all students due to emotional distress for everybody.

It was currently 6 days after Aspen had died and nobody had seen Stefan since the funeral.

Everybody was worried about him. He hadn't left his room at all.

Everyone had tried talking to him but nobody could get him to open the door.

That was until Caroline had an idea.

She had texted the last Mikaelson daughter and asked if she could talk to Stefan. Even though Stefan and hope had never been properly introduced, they were both getting her death very hard. Caroline figured they could find common ground.

Boy did that work.

Hope had arrived not even 10 m minutes later. She appreciated Caroline reaching out to her. Plus, her curiosity peaked, meeting the man who stole her sister's heart.

When hope knocked on the door and called for Stefan he had thought it was Aspen calling for him. When he opened it he was disappointed it wasn't her and was going to slam the door until he realized it was hope.

He wanted to get to know his loved sister that she died to protect. He held no grudge against the girl, he knew he would do the same for Damon. He understood they were both hurting. They were both hanging by a thread, practically depressed.

As they were speaking, clouds started to get darker.

Thunder rumbled the sky and lightning struck in the same place multiple times.

Through the clouds you could see a glimpse of a solar eclipse.

The ground rumbled and shook.

Trees falling over and cracks in the earth started to form.

To say things were strange was an understatement.

Stefan pushed Hope when a piece of  the ceiling was about to hit her. He grabbed her afterwards and the vampire sped downstairs the best he could with the earthquake happening.

Caroline and the twins were downstairs under a table. Carefully trying to protect the girls the best she could.

Stefan pushed Hope under another table and tried to protect her the same way care was with the girls. He was going to protect the love of his life's sister.

After a couple more seconds everything stopped.

Except the lightning.

Stefan and Caroline looked outside and saw that it struck the same place every time.

Aspens greenhouse.

Stefan and Caroline shared a look. Care shook her head, not wanting him to get struck but he could care less.

He took off in a flash, when Hope saw what they were looking at she sprinted to where Stefan was going. Her wolf genes got her5 there a couple seconds after Stefan. They both looked and winced back when the lightning hit the glass of the coffin. Cracking it every time.

Stefan stood in front of Hope when it finally shattered, then lightning stopped afterwards.

They both walked to the coffin cautiously, scared the lightning would start again.

They both looked down at Aspen.

They noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

Caroline and the twins ran inside, Alaric popping in as well.

They all crowded around the coffin looking at the sleeping beauty.

"What the hell was all of that?" Alaric breathed out.

"I have no idea, me and the girls were just talking on the couches and then everything went nuts." Caroline explained.

:Where were you at anyways?" Josie asked her father.

"I was using the bathroom when everything started shaking." He muttered embarrassingly.

The twins and Hope snickered just a little while Stefan and care smiled. Rick rolled his eyes at them.

Hope looked down at her sister and Stefan's eyes followed hers. His smile slowly dropped. He looked at Hope and saw a tear slip from her eye.

"You know she may not have talked about you to me but I know she loves you very much." Stefan spoke to the girl softly.

Hope smiled up at him in appreciation, "I just wish I would've had more time with her."

"She always had you with her, she would never take her bracelet off, no matter what."

Hope smiled at her sister while unconsciously rubbing her wrist.

Everybody was looking between the two. This was the most they've seen  Stefan this week, nonetheless hearing his voice.

They looked at the beauty and stared.

That was until her eyes flew open.

Showing golden eyes.