Chapter 7

- How dare you stop me?-

Luke's POV:

" Luke why did you stop me! Y/n needs a hug!" Alex hit my shoulder.

" No, what she needs is privacy!" I explained to them.

Y/n poofed out of the studio and walked up to us.

" I know you guys were listening..." Y/n says when she gets by me.

" Uh- not technically..." I made his voice go a little bit higher.

" Yes we were don't lie to her.." Alex rolled his eyes.

I hit Alex's arm after I pulled Y/n into a tight hug knowing that she needed it. I felt her arms pull me closer as she dug her head into my chest. I looked at everyone and they knew to poof away. I felt her body tremble as she was starting to cry. I started rubbing her back and I picked her up.

" I know it sucks but you are definitely better off without him.. If he decided to get with someone and either adopt her kid or have the kid with her without caring about you then he definitely isn't worth your tears. I know that he is your father but he was the rudest to you. He never wanted you to hang out with us, wanted to be in our band, or even be the manager of it." I rubbed her back.

I walked us onto the couch and sat down. Y/n wrapped her legs around me but
kept her head dug into my chest. I looked at her and she had a tear stained face. I wiped the tears that were falling down her face with my thumbs.

Y/n's POV:

I felt comfortable while sitting on Luke's lap while we were sitting on the couch. It reminded me of back in the day. Luke leaned back as I was still on his lap.

" You ok?" I asked Luke as he was trying to get comfortable again.

" Oh um yeah..." Luke said as he was still getting comfortable.

I got off of Luke's lap and walked over to my journal and grabbed a pen as well. Luke grabbed his guitar and started strumming a tune.

" What do you think we can make with this little tune?" Luke asked me while he kept on strumming the tune.

" Wait, how about this... ' Loving can hurt." I wrote it down.

" Loving can hurt sometimes." Luke looked at me.

We started singing together.

" When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes." Luke grabbed ahold of my hand.

" But it's the only thing that makes us feel alive.." We sang together.

As we continued to think and singing together little did we know Reggie and Alex poofed back in and started playing the guitar and the drums.

" Woah what in the world did you guys get back?" I asked while putting my journal and pen down.

" Not too long ago..but we definitely saw some chemistry between you two-" Alex started.

Julie ended up walking in.

" Hey guys and Y/n! But since I started singing again I'm going to ask if I can perform again." Julie started explaining.

Luke and I looked at each other and then back to Julie.

" Well there is your first mistake. Sunset Curve never asked to do anything we just told/did gigs. We performed at piers, clubs, in front of clubs, and didn't laugh but even played book clubs..we definitely didn't get a lot of gigs with that one!" I laughed as Luke was explaining that.

I looked at Julie and got up and grabbed Luke's notebook.

" Hey! What are you doing?" Luke asked me, trying to grab his notebook.

" Searching fro a song that me and you wrote but we never got to record." I kept searching until I finally found it. " Ha found it!"

I ripped the page out and showed it to Julie.

" It's called Bright. And I definitely think that you will get back in with this song!" I smiled.

Luke walked over along with Alex and Reggie. I set the paper on the piano. Me, Luke, and Julie walked around the piano as Reggie went to his guitar and Alex went to his drums.

" Your eyes, through the night " Luke sang.

" You and I we will fight to shine together " Me and Julie started singing along with Luke.

" Bright forever. And rise through the night. You and I we will fight to shine together." We continued singing with Luke.

" Ok so then Julie you go up a little and then Y/n you sing a tad bit higher so then there can be harmony.

" Bright forever." We harmonized nicely.

" That was amazing you guys!" Alex and Reggie clapped.

I looked at the clock and it read 10 o'clock.

" Alright we will keep practicing this in the morning." Julie waved bye and headed out the studio door.

I walked up to the loft and plopped on the bed. Reggie and Alex pulled out the couch into a bed then Luke came up with me to the bed on the loft. I plopped on the bed and Luke followed and I laid my head on his chest and we cuddled through the night until we fell asleep.