Chapter 5

- Let's go to beach -

Y/n's POV:

We poofed to the beach where there were tons of people playing volleyball, surfing, tanning, or even chatting with friends. We walked up to where Reggie and I used to live. There was a bike shack where Reggie used to live.

" They made Y/n's family's  house into a noodle shop." Reggie pointed to where my house was.

" Why couldn't they have made mine a pizzeria or something?" Reggie complained.

" Well they tore down the whole neighborhood. I guess my folks are gone." Alex shrugged.

" No. Everyone's gone. Twenty-five years gone. Friends, family, Bobby, everyone." I explained to Reggie, Luke, and Alex.

" Oh right Bobby. I guess that vegetarian lucked out. What do you think happened to him?" I asked, grabbing Luke's beanie to cover up my frizzed up hair.

" Well he probably just got old like everybody else and moved on." Luke glanced at me while everyone else looked at us with a smile.

" Don't look at me like that..." I blushed a light shade of pink.

" How are you guys so casual about all of this? Don't you wanna figure out what happened?" Alex grabbed his hat and took it off getting frustrated.

" Alright let's be real for a second. It's not like any of us were that close to our families. My folks always regretted buying me that guitar. Reggie, your parents were literally a fight away from a divorce. Alex, your parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay, and Y/n your father lost all interest to what you were doing once your mother passed away...he yelled at you every single night..." Luke explained.

I wiped a tear from my eyes knowing that he was right. Luke pulled me into his chest and hugged me tightly.

" I will never forget the sleepless nights me and you had talking, messing around, and making music with you." Luke whispered into my hair and I let out a little giggle.

" Okay. None of us had it great. All right? But at least we had something." Alex groaned.

I pulled away from Luke but was still leaning against him while he had his arm slung around my waist keeping me close. 

" You know, what do we have now? And before you say cool teleportation skills, just know I'm not entirely okay with that either. All right? It tingles. In weird places." Alex looked between me and Luke and put his hat back on.

" I'll tell you what we had. It's what we've had since the day we came together. We have us. We're the only family we're ever gonna need. You know what else we have?" Luke looked at each of us.

" Umm let me guess your stinky breath in our faces." I laughed pushing him away.

" Our music, you dork." Luke laughed and pulled me back towards his body.

" Wait, that's right we have our music, you guys. People, actual people, can hear us play! They can't see us, fine, but they can feel us." I smiled and looked at Reggie and Alex.

" If I had my guitar, I'd play for all these people right now." Luke pulled me in front of him in a protective manner.

"Just like what we used to do down at the pier." I looked up and looked at Luke.

"They can't tip what they can't see." Alex shrugged.

" It's not about the tips, Alex. It's about playing music. Connecting with people. Making a difference in their day. I just... I wish I had my guitar." Luke moved away from me and stepped towards Alex and Reggie while his guitar appeared in his hands.

" Whoa! That was rad. How'd you do that?" I tan my hand across Luke's guitar.

" I don't know. I wished for it, and then it came in my hands..." Luke tried explaining while moving my hand away.

" I wish I had my guitar." I wished and my guitar appeared in my hands.

" Alright I wanna try! I wish I had a puppy." Reggie opened his eyes but there was nothing there. " A hamster?" Still nothing appeared." Okay. How about this...pizza" Nothing appeared in Reggie's hand and he groaned then sat down in the sand.

" Hey, I think I know something that'll cheer you up." I smiled then strummed my guitar.

Me, Luke, and Alex start playing a tune that is extremely unbeat.

" Come on, Reginald!" I stuck out my hands to help Reggie up from the sand.

(Start playing the song at the top if you like)
" A one, two, three, four." Luke starts singing while I start playing my guitar and Alex starts playing the drums on his body.

We all looked at Reggie since this was going to be his little jam to make him feel better.

🎶 Can you?
Can you hear me? 🎶

" Yep, loud and clear!" I smiled

🎶 We gotta get
Gotta get ready

We all started singing along with Reggie. As we were singing we started skipping around the beach.

🎶 'Cause it's been years!
Whoa, oh, oh, oh

This band is back
Whoa, oh, oh, oh
This band is back 🎶

As we are playing everyone starts laughing, cheering, and dancing around.

🎶 Woohoo, ooh, ooh
Woohoo, ooh, ooh

Woohoo, ooh, ooh
Can you

Yes, we can
Can you hear me?

Loud and clear
We gotta get, wanna get we gotta get ready

Huh?
'Cause it's been years

Hey
Whoa, oh, oh, oh

This band is back
Whoa, oh, oh, oh
This band is back... 🎶

Reggie is jumping from chair to chair as we approach this girl and boy they are jamming and talking.

" You won't find the speaker. It's direct spot audio. I heard about it in a TED talk." The random boy told the girl.

🎶 Woohoo, ooh, ooh
Whoo-ooh... 🎶

"Yee-ha!" Alex smiled.

As we start walking away me, Luke, Reggie, and Alex make these scat noises as we smile and laugh away. Leaving everyone in a good mood on the beach.