XVIII. I Can Be Cool Too Y'know.

act two: getting you back▌chapter eighteen

▌chapter eighteen .  .  .
i can be cool too y'know.

          I met up with Bloom, Stella, and Aisha after Bloom's study session with Rosalind

I met up with Bloom, Stella, and Aisha after Bloom's study session with Rosalind. "Right there in her drawer. The pincers on that thing match the bite marks on Devin. This is what attacked him and Rosalind knows it."

"I wish I recognized the language."

"Terra didn't either." Musa said on the other line.

"Because it's one of the dead ones. Rosalind must have got the book from the Royal Archives. I think I remember some of these symbols from school. I was a bit of a history buff. Um, I can probably figure some of this out, but it'll take some time."

"We don't have time." I say. "Three fairies are missing. Only one has came back. Who's to say that thing won't get one of us next? Whatever is in that book, it's the key to what Rosalind is up to."

"What about if we had a guide to help us translate it?"

"It would be a start but there are thousands of symbols. There should be translation text in the library." Sebastian said.

"Mm. Rosalind closed the library. She said she's weeding out the inaccurate propaganda." I explain.

"Always a good sign when a leader controls access to books."

"My house. There's one at my house. The bookcase in the sitting room. You know where I mean, don't you, Stella?" My dad asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do." Bloom and I look at her. "I've been there with Sky."

"Oh... Sky's house."

"I haven't been there since last term." I smile sadly.

"Yeah, I'm... I think you should go, Magnolia. I'm sure Sky wouldn't want to go."

"I have.. uh.. class off to do reading with Rosalind so I could probably take the Harvey's car and slip out."

"Yeah. Sounds good." I say.