Nice to meet you

Nathan's POV :
After School 3:00pm

'I want some Chinese food mayn' my best friend Biz said. We've been like brothers ever since the third grade. Now we finishing school together and we still close. Our moms used to work together, so they used to have us stay home with each other whilst they were at work and the rest is history.

'Is all you think about your stomach?' I laughed as I entered the drivers seat of my car and started it.

The Chinese Restaurant 3:30pm

'Mmm this shii bussing' Biz laughed whilst putting some shrimp in his mouth

'It's ight' I struggled. Chinese food isn't really my thing. I'm more into Jamaican food. Get me some curry goat and some rice and peas and I'm straight.
'You wildin bruh' Biz said.
'Whatever mayn'

Charlene's POV :
Petrol Station 3:45pm
'And get me some of those bang bang shrimp. I love those' my mama said from the speaker in my car.
'Yes ma'am. Anything else?' I joked whilst turning into the parking lot of the Chinese place.
'No baby. That's all. I love you' she said.
'I love you too mama, see you later' I said whilst grabbing my purse and double checking I had my cards in there.

Nathan's POV : 'Alright bruh I'm ready to go

Nathan's POV :
'Alright bruh I'm ready to go. I got stuff to do' I said getting up
'Man hold on. Lemme just finish my beef'
'Ight bruh. Imma go to the bathroom. When I get back you better be done' I bucked at him
'Whatever bruh. Shut up. You don't put fear in me' he joked.
'You gon' catch these hands when I get back.'

'Excuse me' I said trying to get past a girl to get to the bathroom.
'No it's fine. I'm leaving anyways' she said turning around and I instantly recognised her. It was the girl from Church I saw on Sunday.
'Oh. Charlene?' I questioned, knowing her name but just wanting to speak to her more. I had totally forgotten I needed to pee.
'Yeah Charlene. Nathan right?' she said whilst moving a piece of hair from in her face to behind her ear.
'You good mama. How you been?' I asked now sitting down with her in one of the booths.

Oh. Biz. That fool will be ight. I'm not gon take long.

'Yeah I've been good. Just tryna finish school, i been working and trying to focus on my relationship with God. But other than that I've been good. What about you?' she said with a smile on her face whilst putting her phone in her bag.

She had given me her full attention which I appreciated. It was something I wasn't used to either. The girls I used to deal with was always on they phone. They liked the aesthetic look of a relationship for social media, not actually being in one.

'I've been straight. Same as you. Just tryna focus on bettering myself. Tryna get my money up and tryna finish these assignments so I can graduate with the grades I want.' I said.

'That's good. I love to see a black boy with aspirations. You don't really see that nowadays. All these lil boys just wanna be rich quick but don't wanna do none of the work. So they start stealing from innocent people' she said looking down at her hands.

She always doing that.

Charlene's POV:

He's looking so intently into my face

He's looking so intently into my face. Do I have a spot?????

'You right ma. It's so sad. But sometimes it's in their circumstances. You know? Growing up poor, they wanna help they moms so they go into the drug life and the gang life. And you know how that goes.' He started.

'I know. It's honestly heartbreaking' I said looking down at my watch. 'Ugh my food should be ready by now'

'ORDER NUMBER 6' the lady at the counter shouted and I got up.

'Guess that's me' she smiled and got up and sped walked to the counter. 'I'll see you around?'

'You can see me whenever. You just need to say the word ma' he said smoothly. 'Can I get your number? You know so the next time we see each other, it's not by accident' he joked.

'Yeah' I said and I got a pen and a piece of loose paper from my bag and wrote my number on it.

'Thank you ma' he said after I handed it to him. 'Imma text you later'

'Okay. Bye Nathan. See you around' i smiled as i walked to the counter, grabbed my food and headed to the door.I waved at him one last time.

Nathan's POV :

I walked back and Biz was asleep in the booth. A piece of beef still on his fork. Greedy animal ate so much he knocked out.

'Come on bruh. Let's go' I said banging quietly on the table but loud enough so he could hear me.

'That was quick' he said as he wiped dribble off of the side of his mouth.

Damn he must've been sleeping good.

'Whatever bruh' I laughed and we walked out of the restaurant.