Chapter 5: Awakenings

Canterlot Castle Dungeons

6 Hours Into Eternal Night

Rainbow Dash

Cold and wet, those were the sensations that filled Rainbow Dash's awareness as she awoke.

"Uuugh. Where am I?"

Slowly, Rainbow gathered her hooves under her, a clanking sound echoing in the chamber, only to fall back down as pain filled her right foreleg.

"Aaah!!!"

She looked down in the dim light and saw that her leg was sloppily bandaged and set in a flimsy splint. As the pain receded, she looked around at her surroundings, curious as to where she was since the last thing she remembered had been Nightmare Moon's magic flashing at her.

It was a cell.

At first glance, she could have imagined that she was at the bottom of an old well. It was cylindrical in shape, and she was laying on the cold and mossy cobblestone at the bottom, and at the top was an iron grate as high up as thirty hooves. A small oil lantern hung above her cell hatch in a chamber or hallway above her. Black steel chains were attached to all four legs and a slightly glowing metal ring surrounded her barrel, pinning her wings to her side.

She couldn't see anypony else.

"Hello?" She yelled "Is anypony up there?"

Rainbow's ears twitched as she fervently listened for the smallest of answers to her summons.

"R-Rainbow Dash? I-Is that y-you?" a small and frightened voice called. Rainbow could barely hear the other pony, but the voice was unmistakable.

"Fluttershy!! It's me! Are you in a cell?"

"I-I think so! But i-it's so dark in here! I c-can't see anything!" She wept "I woke up, a-and it's been dark e-ever since! I b-begged the guards f-for a light but they j-just laugh at m-me!"

Dash could hear her friend weeping, the anguish echoing from cell to cell.

"HEY!" A new and gruff voice shouted. "Quit your crying!" A loud metallic clanging filled the chamber and Fluttershy's cries cut off suddenly.

Dash perked up and stood on her three good legs to stare up at her cell hatch.

"Let us out!" She yelled, her throat hurting from the dryness clinging to it.

As she looked up at the ceiling, an armored pony came into view.

He was unlike any pegasus she had ever seen! His coat color was a dark grey, with his ears tufted like a feral animal's, and large bat-like wings protruded from the polished silver armor he wore. His yellow eyes were just like Nightmare Moon's, slit like a serpent.

Immediately, just from looking at the pony, Dash knew he worked for the black alicorn herself.

"What kind of freak are you? Did Nightmare Moon dig you up from some pit in Tarturus?"

The pony's eyes narrowed underneath the silver helm and a growl escaped his muzzle, revealing small pearly white fangs in the dimness of the dungeon.

"Silence Prisoner 0001!" he yelled down at her, his enraged shout ringing her ears in the confined space. "What and who I am is no concern of yours. Be grateful that her majesty allows you to live."

He then turned and disappeared out of sight, his armored hooves clacking in descending noise as he trotted away.

"Come back here you coward! Let me out so I can smash your face in!"

Heir of the Nightmareजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें