Comfort?

Once both of you reached Claus's house, you sat on the couch to rest. You felt so tired and your legs were so numb. Claus took a book that was on the table in front of you. He sat next to you and opened the book to read it. "Go take a nap, I'll wake you up once it's lunchtime." he said. You closed your eyes, ready for a nice and peaceful nap. You felt your head being pulled over gently onto something. Was it a pillow? Did Claus give it to you? Thoughts ran through your head but you didn't really care, it was comfy.

" Wake up, y/n." you felt a hand pat your arm. You opened your eyes and your head was on Claus's shoulder. "E-eh?!" you sat up straight and covered your face with embarrassment. "Don't worry, I was the one who placed you in that position, I felt bad because you didn't have anything to put your head on." he said shyly. "You could've just let me take the whole couch!" you joked. "That would mean I'd have to go somewhere else, doesn't it? I want to accompany you." he said, looking at you. Your eyes widened at the statement and you looked away. "Uh... anyways, what would you like for lunch?" he asked. "Um... I'm okay with anything! Do you want me to help?" honestly you just said that to be nice, your legs were killing you. "No thank you, you rest. Your legs are probably numb." it's like as if he could read your mind. You nodded and leaned on the couch. He went into his kitchen to start making lunch. You looked at the book he was reading that was on the couch next to you. You picked it up to see what it was about. It was about romance? You didn't expect him to be into this type of thing. You put the book down and watched Claus make lunch from the couch.

"Lunch is ready. " he called from the kitchen. You went to the dining table and saw a plate of sandwiches with 2 glasses of orange juice. "I didn't make it too heavy, you might get a stomachache." he said. "These look great! Thanks for making lunch." you gave him a big smile, before proceeding to sit down and eat. You started a conversation. "So you into romance?" you asked, chuckling. His eyes widened at the question. "I saw the book you were reading! It's a romance novel, isn't it?" you pointed towards the book on the couch. "Yeah I decided to try reading it." He said looking away, then he took another bite of his sandwich. "I love romance too! It's so interesting." you said. "Have you ever... experienced it yourself?" he asked before taking a drink. "Ah... no... I wished I could, but I feel like I'm not good enough." you said sadly. Claus looked at you in the eye. Then he continued eating his food. Your face went red and you looked down hoping he wouldn't notice. Ugh why does he have to do that all the time...

-After lunch-

" I need to go get something from Andy." Claus said while he adjusted his bowtie. "Okay, I'll stay here in the meantime then, see you later." you waved him goodbye as he opens the door to go out. You sighed. What to do... You had the urge to look in his room, but that's invading privacy. "Ugh.. I need fresh air." you opened the front door and went out. Hopefully Claus didn't mind you going out of the house. Your legs felt much better. It was so nice outside, you could see a glimpse of Felix near the lake, probably out to fish. You walked towards the picnic tables. You sat down to think about what to do today. It was just around the evening. Although you tried to think about other things, you just couldn't stop thinking about Claus. The only thing you wanted to do was hang out with him. You put your head on the table and rest your eyes.
.
.
.
Huh? You heard shuffling. Claus was sitting opposite you, there was a chessboard on the table. "When did you get here?" you said and yawned. "Aha, you slept like a baby." he chuckled. "Don't call me that!!" you pouted. "After meeting Andy earlier I went back home to realize you weren't there. I went outside and saw you here." he said. "Ah sorry for leaving I needed some fresh air..." you felt bad. "It's alright, since we're out here, how about another round?" he tapped on his chessboard. You smiled at his invitation. Both of you played for hours, this time, he won a few rounds. "Hah! Checkmate!" he placed his last piece. "Damn it!" you accepted defeat and started laughing. "That was so fun! What time is it?" you asked Claus. "Uh.. I think it's about 6pm." he said. "Ugh I don't wanna go home, I wish I could just stay out here, it's so peaceful..." you took a deep breath. "Then we shall do just that, we'll go home later." Claus said. "Heya! I can't help but noticed you two here. It's pretty late." Margret appeared behind you. "We're just going to stay out here for a bit." Claus told her. "I see, in that case have some fruits, both of you look exhausted." Margret placed a basket of fruits on the table. "Thanks Margret!!" she then went off home. You got up from the table and walked to the grass field. You laid down on the grass, looking up at the sky. It was getting late, stars started to appear more clearer in the night sky. You heard someone sit down and lay next to you. "The sky's pretty, isn't it?" you said. "Of course, pretty... like you." Claus said. He realized what he said, and cursed at himself. You turned bright red, and then chuckled.
"I wish I could just stay here like this forever, with you."