4

A/n: I didn't fully read the side manga with Kazutora, baji and chifuyu so this chapter might not be 100% accurate.
TW: abuse.

Kazutora's pov: (flashback)

I can't remember the last time I didn't hear the voices of my parents fighting in my home.

Can I even call this place my home? I heard people say home is where you feel safe and loved, if that's true then how can I call this hell of a house my home, I bet a jail will make a better home than here.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sound of a glass shattering and my mother's screaming, I rushed out of my room and saw a familiar sight.

My mom was crying on the floor crying while my dad.... No the maniac kicking her and spatting insults at her, I quickly rushed to push him away from her which made me on the receiving end of his kicks.

I didn't make a sound, I was used to this scenario by now, my mom on the other hand kept screaming at him to leave us alone, to stop hurting me, he didn't listen, he never listens.

"This is what you get for standing in my way!" He said after giving me the last kick "such a useless family I have" he spat those last words before leaving the house, the sound of the door closing echoes through the entire place.

My mom reached to me and held me tight as she cried, and it was all it took for my tears to stream down my face, I never cry in front of him, I never allow him to see me like this ... Not anymore at least.

"It's okay now, we are safe now" she said.
Safe?
How are we safe? Maybe for this moment but not forever, we will go through this tomorrow and the day after and the day after.

Till he kills us one day.

"I will leave this place, I will leave him" she said and held my face "and you will come with me, you will choose me Kazutora, right?"

(End of flashback)
Y/n's POV:

Today we submitted our report for the penpal assignment I never thought I would ever feel down because I finished an assignment but somehow I feel empty, like I lost something important to me.

Those letters I received every Monday brought some color to my gray boring life, talking to Kazutora through those letters left me wanting to know more about him, my last letter to him was rather a bold move asking all those personal questions, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't send me a response to that letter.

"Ahh finally free from that stupid assignment" Haruka said as we walked home together after school "I don't want to go through this experience ever again".

Well guess I was the only one feeling empty "you are being dramatic it wasn't that bad".
She looked at my like I've grown a second head "are you for real? This was torture the guy I was writing to was a weirdo he was talking about his crimes so proudly, and I didn't even ask!!! Ugh"

"Well my guy wasn't that bad, he was actually pretty decent" I said, it wasn't a lie i felt comfortable talking to him, like a friend I knew for a long time

"So he is "your" guy now, huh? Thought you didn't like when I said that"
I rolled my eyes "you know what I mean!"
We kept bickering till haruka reached her home and bid each others goodbye.

When I reached my home I decided to check the mailbox, it wouldn't hut to see if he sent anything, and to my surprise he actually did.

I took the envelope and went straight to my room, and tore it open, I was so shocked to see that this letter was way longer than all his letters combined, it was about 4 pages, I started reading the first page relief washing over me when I saw that he didn't get offended by my questions but that relief soon turned into sorrow when I read about his family and how abusi his father was, this showed that it is true that not only one deserves to be a parent, and now I can fully understand why he hates his last name, I would feel the same way if I was him.

After that night he said him and his mother moved away but it didn't work well for him, he got bullied a lot since he was -as he described- a weak kid but it all changed when he met Baji who stood up for him and became his friend and also introduced him to his other friends and one of them was Mikey.

Kazutora didn't like Mikey at first, he thought he was arrogant and full of himself, he reminded him of his father but that changed one day when Mikey protected Kazutora at that one dreadful encounter he had with his father even going to the extent of kicking his father.

After that Kazutora became one of the founding members of a biker gang called Tokyo manji gang along side his best friend Baji and with Mikey being the boss of this gang, things were getting better for Kazutora but it all shattered that one night, the night of Mikey's birthday.

I accidentally killed my friend's big brother that night, and I was mentally unstable enough to blame that friend for my horrible crime, I spent two years in prison and spent those years only hating Mikey and thinking of revenge wrote Kazutora.

When Kazutora got out of juvie he joined another gang and decided to fight Mikey's gang, but he still was close to Baji and Baji even decided to switch sides and joined Kazutora's gang.

Now thinking about it that new gang was bad news for everyone, they only brought misery to all of us, I let them play me, convince me that Baji will betray me, that Tokyo manji gang were my enemies, and I believed it, part of me really wanted to be the victim in all this mess, and on the day of our fight with toman I killed my best friend, the first person who showed me kindness Wrote Kazutora.

I could feel my tears falling down my face as I read Kazutora's words, what he did was terrible and unforgivable but somehow I felt bad for him, he lost so much, things could have went much better if he would have talked with his friend, at least it might have stopped his second murder and his friend would have been still alive.

And Kazutora wouldn't be in juvie again now and for 10 whole years.

I wiped my tears and read the last part of his letter.

So that's the answers to your questions, you probably think I'm a monster now and I honestly don't blame you, I don't think you will send me any letters anymore so I just want to thank you for making my dark days a bit colorful, for giving me something to look forward to every week, even if it's for just one month, I really appreciate it.

Goodbye y/n, I wish you a happy life.
Sincerely,
Kazutora.

A/n: filler chapter I guess? It's probably boring but I wanted to give y/n a background for Kazutora's life

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, have a great day/night, love you all ❤️😘