Chapter 5: Demon In The Forest

Start from the beginning

Naruto's mind raced as he looked at the boy with pity. 

'Where are his parents?'
'Why is he out here?'
'Who is he?'

Naruto didn't want to look at the sight again as he jumped from the treetop, landing about 5 feet from the kid. The boy jumped as he sensed the older boy's charka from nothing. He scurried on his hands into the pile of food and leaves.

Naruto felt tears spike his eyes. This close to him he could see the dirt that covered his body. The dried tears that were still on his face. And every scar and bruise that were carved on his skin.

"What are you doing out here alone?"

The boy trembled a bit as Naruto stood there. His eyes hardened as Naruto took a step forward. They turned fiery red as he gathered himself on all-fours. 

Naruto put his hands up. "I'm not gonna hurt you," he said softly. The small buy growled like a beast.

"Calm down..." Naruto remembered the food he had this morning. He didn't feel like eating all of it but his dad wouldn't let him leave without it. So...

"You want this?"

Naruto pulled a biscuit and a strip of bacon out of his jacket pocket. The little boy's eyes soften for a minute then hardened again as he growled. But wanna know what else growled? The boy's stomach.

Naruto held the food in his right hand and walked to the boy, not slowly like at first, normally. This immediate action caused the beastly boy to jump at him. 

Naruto swiftly turned around so he was behind the boy in mid-air. He used his left arm to grab the boy across the stomach and pulled him to his chest. The weight of the smaller boy caused Naruto to fall on the ground. But he didn't waste any time to stuff the food in the boy's mouth.

The boy growls and screams died down as his body heat cooled off too. The food in Naruto's hand was gone quick as he steadily took his hands off the boy and put them by his side. He let out a deep breath as he looked at the small boy in his lap.

Then he asked once again... "Who are you?"

The boy who was too busy licking his fingers, paid no attention to the older boy's question as he sniffed the air. He quickly turned around to Naruto and growled. Naruto put his hands in front of his face to 'prevent' the attack. 

... (Naruto's POV)

'Huh? Nothing hit me. What the- What is in my pocket?'

In my pocket, where I pulled out the food, the little boy was sniffing. His eyes were blue and he wasn't growling. He looked curious and... hungry.

"Sorry, little guy." I stood up and pulled out my pockets. "I don't have any more."

He sat down like a puppy and looked up at me. I noticed his whiskers on his cheeks. I sat back down in front of him and he scurried back a little, scared. 

"I'm not gonna hurt you..." I said softly as he continued to look at me unsteady. I sat there so he would know I wasn't a threat. So to pass the time, I just started to think.

'Who are you?'
'What are you doing here?'
'Why do you have so many bruises?'
'Where did you come from?'

I shouldn't ask all of them at once. He doesn't seem to be no more than 4 or 5, physically at least. But mental...he seems to be as young as a 1 or 2 year old. I don't even know if he can complete a sentence.

"I can speak correctly."

I instantly felt my eyes pop out of my head as I looked at the kid who looked at me stupid.