Chapter 5: Demon In The Forest

Start from the beginning

He followed the wrapper as they led in a weird trail. The candy had to be good for them to eat so fast that a trail could be made. The wrapper only led to the pile of leaves. He stood and stared at the leaves for some time. They didn't move or rustled so he knew nothing was there.

He threw his hand on his head and let out a huge breath. 'This was a waste of time', he thought. He started to think he only went on this wild goose chase to get over the fact that he was gonna be locked up.

"I need somewhere to stay right now." He mumbled to himself. It was still early morning, probably around 10 or 11. He had all day to search. Better get to it.

He began to turn to walk away when he realized something. He turned back to the leaves. He stepped on one and looked odd again. 'It didn't make a sound...' He thought.

He thought for a quick second and closed his eyes. He formed some hand signs then hit the ground hard. Nothing looked like it happened. But he heard more noises. 

He heard some insects and a few growls of the forest, the wind that blew the treetops, and...

He stepped on the leaf again. It crunched as it broke into a million pieces. 'There was sound barrier around here.' He took another look. 'Someone's trying to hide something.'

That's when his ears shot up. He heard the cry again, closer this time. Then it stopped before he could figure out where it was coming from. 'Who is that?' 

He turned his attention back to the pile of leaves. He noticed an indent in the middle of the leaves. He reached out to touch it when...

"NO!"

He snapped his head around to the small boy in a dirty black shirt and shorts, with a dirty, tear-stained face to match. His dirty unclipped blonde hair covered his eyes and he seemed to be looking at the ground.

He turned his body to face the boy roughly 10 feet away from him. 

"Don't touch that!" He yelled again.

Naruto looked back at the pile of leaves then back at the boy. 

"This?" Naruto asked as he pointed to the pile. His fingers almost touching the top leaf.

"STOP!" He yelled louder causing the older boy to jerk. Naruto placed his hand back to his side and looked back to the boy. Before Naruto could speak...

"Go way."

"What?" Naruto was taken aback by the boys bluntness. (and mispronunciation of words)

"GO WAY!" He yelled as his first clenched and his eyes showed up, fiery and red.

Naruto's heart raced as he looked at those dead eyes. Those did not seem like the eyes of a child, but one of a shinobi that had faced many wars.

And still was...

Naruto didn't dare to question the boy since he didn't know what kind of damage this kid could do. 

He turned to the path he came from and began to walk away, careful to not get too close to the kid. He felt the glare of the boy on his back as he continued down the path. He stare and stare until...he stopped. The boy ran and that is when Naruto took to the trees and concealed his charka. 

He was now over the opening where he caught sight of the boy and watched. The little boy was now digging through the leaves as tears flared down his face. His eyes were now a shiny ocean blue that reminded Naruto of his own.

'That cry! That was him...'

All the leaves were moved as the boy stared at what was there. Naruto eyes softened as he looked at the scene. Candies and chocolates of different sorts. Pieces of take out food like burgers, pizza and others. All in one pile.