3 | reverist

🏁
◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 03 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Dear, California is called the 'golden state' after the gold rush, not because of its warm and welcoming people," Grandma explains as we both settled in the backseat of the car as her driver, Carlos, drove us around

"Dear, California is called the 'golden state' after the gold rush, not because of its warm and welcoming people," Grandma explains as we both settled in the backseat of the car as her driver, Carlos, drove us around. We left Whitehaven just a few minutes ago when she found me stumbling through corridors. The handsome boy managed to slip out of my sight and I had no other choice but to return to the headmaster's office with Grandma waiting for me in the lobby. Gosh, it felt so weird to call the principal the 'headmaster'. Apparently, it was only this part of town that called it that. It sounded like I was in Harry Potter or something.

When I returned, the student receptionist had also left, and I was relieved not to see her face again. With a sweaty brow and a disappointing crease on my new shoes, I returned with a change of heart and an already formed opinion about Whitehaven. Aside from the unwelcoming student assistant, I met two incredibly, good-looking, individuals. One had the warmth of the West Coast sun, while the other reminded me of the cold, blustery season back home.

And just the thought of seeing him again was enough for me to stay for the summer.

"Damn it. I shouldn't have slept through history class." I said as I felt my phone vibrate against the back of my pants.

Mom: where have you gone to without telling me? 𝗧𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟬:𝟬𝟰 𝗔𝗠

At my loud sigh, Grandma chuckles. "Is that your mother?"

I nodded as I began to type a response. I'm with Grandma. She's taking me shopping with her.
𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱

"Well, we tried to wake her up this morning only to be yelled at." She recalls the funny encounter this morning, just before we decided to let mom have her beauty sleep. I'd never seen her sleep so soundly before, and I couldn't blame her when the mattress and pillows were as soft as clouds.

Mom: when will you be coming back?

Not sure I'm just following her around

Mom: I don't want you asking her for money

I wasn't planning to.
𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱

As I wait for the three dots to appear, I turn to face Grandma, who is already staring at me. Her face looked...pained. "What is it?" I asked, my tone softening. Before I could let my mind think of all sorts of crazy things, Grandma beats me.