Desert reaserch(Cyno x reader)

Warrinig: I started writing this before 3.0 so I'm not sure of how Candance greets people and things like that!

You've been sent to desert to look for someone called General Mahamantra.

The problem is, desert is huge, and you have no idea where to find him or what he looks like.

All sages said was that you'll recognise him when you see him. Honestly, you didn't really like what grand Sage did. You knew about whole dream-stealing thing, all thanks to your high ranking in Academiya.

But you kept quiet since you needed money to feed your family, so as long as you were payed you would turn a blind eye to stuff that wasn't your business.

So why were you looking for Cyno then? Because of  a little distraction you made by request of Dendro archon, she helped you dream one night giving  you directions of what to do.

Now you had to find Cyno becuse he knows ancient magic that was written in bools that were just ashes now, but nobody knew it was you who burned them.
--------------------------------
You were getting closer to Aaru village.

"Stop right there!" You sudenly heard womans voice. As you looked to direction you saw a beautiful girl with dark blue hair and yelow and blue eyes.

"Oh.. no, don't worry... I came in peace... I'm  looking for someone..."

She lowered her spear. "I see... may that person be General Mahamantra?"

"Uh- how did you know..?"

"I heard rumours of books about dark magic were burnt in House of Daena."

"Oh... do you know where I could find him?"

"Yes... but are you sure he won't hurt you? You're from academiya right?"

"Yeah, but just because I need to feed my family... I hate what grnd sage's doing..."

"Very well then.. Cyno should come this evening to get some suplies, you can settle in my place 'till then."
--------------------------------------
Candance was really nice and carring. She took you in and gave you some food and drink. You two got to know eachother and you admired her strong spirit.

Then someone knocked at the door and Candance got up. She told you to wait here a little while she gets Cyno to go inside.

BANG!

Someone broke the door. You stood up into your fighting stance. And listened. (You were something like Diona-but ears were more like egyptian cats if you know what I mean)

"We know you're hiding a member of Academiya Candance, give her over and we won't consider you a traitor!"

'Oh no... what should I do!? Should I attack!? Or hide somewhere, Candance is going to be in big trouble!'

Suddenly you felt someone elses presence and faint cryes from people who were treathening Candance a few moments ago..

You peeked and saw them lying on floor, Candance was talking to someone with hood covering their face.

"Y/n! It's ok,you can come out now!" Candance shouted and you showed yourself instantly seeing that person a bit better.

He had beautiful crimson eyes and sliver hair. His hat seemed to be of a  jackal and it coverd his head.

"H-hi.. Are you.. general Mahamatra?" His eyes widened a little like he was surprised.

Cyno POV:

A girl showed herself from around the corner. Her eares where those of a cat but she kind of reminded me of Tighnari... Plus she was kind of cute, but why did she look so familliar?

"H-hi.. Are you.. general Mahamatra?" W-what!? Only scolars call me that.

But she doesn't look like one of those. Wait, what's that on her neck?

She's one of ancient royal family

"Yes. But you may call me Cyno your magesty." I said as I bowed.

"Huh? What are you talking about..?"

"That necklace, it belongs to ancient royal family of desert, thoy they vanished few decades ago."

Candance left leaving two of us alone to talk. So I told Y/n to follow me. I lead her to one of ruins of Scarlet Kings pyramid.

"You said someone told you to make an excuse to find me.. who was it?"

"You probably won't belive me... but I actually managed to have a dream few nights ago... I saw Lesser Lord Kusanali. She told me to find General Mahamantra and tell him to 'help faling Sun'. I have no idea what that means.."

"It means to bring you and your family back home. My family was one of your guardians."

Then I explained Y/n the whole story of how her family had to go hide from Academiya and their role of protecting Scarlet Kings corpse from regenerating.

"But why do you work for Academiya?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Because we need mora... my younger sister is sick nd only Academiya could pay off her treatment. If it weren't fpr her I would' ve diched them already."

"I see... we're leaving for Sumeru city in two days then. I'll take you to my place."
-----------------------------
Y/n POV:

Cyno and I talked quite a lot these past few days. He alse helped me get some notes of ancient magic.

He said half of them were fake because of protection tho.

But the thing is... I think I started falling for him, I can't decide wether it's good or bad thing...
---------------------------------------
We're on outr way trugh desert and at night it's freezing here! I had a cloth but I'm still cold.

"Something wrong?" I heard Cyno saying.

"N-no.. I'm fine.."

"Hm.. Take this." He said as he gave me his cloak, and I couldn't help but stare and feel my face turning hot.

HE WASN'T WEARING ANYTHING UNDER! I saw his bare chest, at this rate he'll be sick.

Unfortunately he noticed me staring...

"Like what you see~?"

"W-what!? O-of course- I MEAN NO! Y-YOU'LL GET COLD LIKE THAT!"

He then pulled me onto him, one hand on my back and other on my cheek.

"Well... a kiss could warm me up, if you wouldn't mind... princess..."