Would you have even called it a friendship at this stage in the game?

Taking a deep breath you snuggled down further into the pillows and blankets that barricaded you against the soft couch, wide screen right in front of you ready to steal away some well deserved free time until around four o'clock in the afternoon. All you needed now was a personal slave to come and hand you hot chocolate...

On the other side of the apartment wall Peter was far from asleep, in fact he'd barely caught a wink all night. Too busy counting sheep, those bastards never jump the fence when he needed them to.

With sore eyes and a heavy cloud hanging over his head Peter wondered around the apartment for a couple of minutes before deciding it would probably be best to try and shovel down some breakfast before being moaned at for the rest of the day and throughout half of the evening. Peter was at the top of his class, but that didn't mean he actually liked attending college. For him it deemed to be pointless, he already had his life written out for him and signed at the bottom by Tony Stark. But, maintaining that normal and natural life of a teenage boy was important as not to turn heads, and he understood such concept. But he would still give an arm and a leg to be like his mentors. Instead of solving equations he could be saving the world.

Not that much happened in little old Queens. Of course there would be the occasional store robbery, or mugging, but Peter could handle those situations with his eyes closed. He knew he was ready for something bigger. He was desperate for some kind of action, something to keep him on his toes, something to experiment with.

After leisurely eating some breakfast at the kitchen counter, Peter managed to change before finding himself sat on the couch again, thinking about last night. He was momentarily proud of actually introducing himself, finally. He was glad he got to know you a little better, his accusations were correct when he presumed you were a fun person. Your smile was so angelic, your eyes were bright and filled with so much emotion. Although, he could tell from your stories and the way you spoke that you'd been through some shit. He had been monitoring your heartbeat the whole time, at first just wanting to hear it. But after a while it started to falter, speed up a little when certain things came up. Almost like you were beating around the bush about something.

Of course he wasn't going to pry or question you about it, that wouldn't be a great second impression. But, at least he knew if you needed it maybe he could help you.

Time was ticking on and soon Peter was grumpily making his way out of his apartment, rubbing his sore, sleep deprived eyes while walking down the hallway. He knew the morning would be bitter, the city's day break always had been at this time. So, he prepared, the chill already running down his spine as he entered the lobby. The windows were fogged, decorated with hand prints and smiley faces from the children on the ground floor, and it was only the same outside.

The streets where thick with mist and fog, cars headlights beaming indicating the way in which was right. He wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in front of a car at this rate, he could barely see his hands in front of him.

Sighing, Peter contemplated whether or not it was worth going to college today. He was an A* student, he wouldn't be missing out on much, and not to mention it wasn't really worth the risk. He knew if it was so much as low cloud coverage the buses wouldn't be running, and he couldn't make the twenty minute bus drive equivalent to an hours walk, which would be an hour and a half, that half an hour dedicated to not dying in the fog. So with little guilt or much more contemplation Peter made his way back inside.

His bed sounded more than appetising, calling his name as he jogged back into the elevator. He knew what he'd be spending the rest of the day doing.

Sleeping.