chapter 6: a rough nut to crack

Start from the beginning

"I don't think so, Luke." His boss called out, walking closer to the still laughing man.

He watched his boss walk over to the man before squatting right in front of him.

"Do you find something funny?" His boss asked rather calmly, with no emotion on his face.

"Yes," the man replied, a grin on his face. "You." He sneered before breaking into a new round of laughter, which resulted in a coughing fit.

Still, a calm look rested on his boss's face.

"Was that supposed to irk me?" His boss asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Marcos, when would you ever learn that things are not done only for you, and the world does not revolve around you?" The man said.

A smirk was present on his face when he noticed the twitch on Marcos's brow.

"How dare you!" Luke howled, sending a kick into the man's gut.

"You have no right to call the boss by his name!" He yelled, sending kicks down the man's body.

"Enough!"

As Marcos's voice called out, Luke's body jolted, sending a jolt down Luke's body as he froze.

With a frown on his face, Luke moved to the other side of the cell, sulking.

"You finally called off your boy toy. Tch, pathetic. " (The man) spat out in disgust.

Something flashed in Marcos's eyes, as he sent a death glare the man's way. He felt his blood boiling and his rage rising.

He was moments away from snapping the man's neck, but that would be an easy death. He wanted this man to suffer for all he had done.

He peeked from the corner of his eyes and saw how Luke had clenched his fists, his jaw clenched together.

"Peter, let me ask you a question," Marcos said calmly, his voice lower than normal, but he knew that everyone could hear him, due to their werewolf's abilities.

"Bastard! As if I'd ever want to respond to you. You and I both know you would force it right out of me. " Peter hissed as he glanced at Marcos with hate.

This time, it was Marcos who chuckled. "Pity, because I know the answer is going to come flying right out of your mouth."

Peter's body trembled in anger at Marcos's tone. "What have you done?"

"Awn. That's lovely, and I haven't even asked the question, yet I already got a response." A sparkle flashed in his eyes as he taunted.

"What the fuck did you do? Answer me. " Peter tugged at the chains in a rage.

"I think you got it wrong here, Peter. You have to answer me, not the other way round. "

"Just ask what you want to ask, bastard. The sight of you makes me sick." Peter said, throwing his head to the side.

"Say that word bastard again, and you will lose your tongue."

When he felt the hostility in his voice, Peter felt like cold water had been splashed on him.

"Now back to my question." Marcos continued when he saw the fear on Peter's face.

"What would you do to someone who murders someone you genuinely love?" Marcos asked, playing with the hem of Peter's shirt before letting it go.

Confusion danced in Peter's eyes, and his face pulled into a frown.

"Kill them or take revenge?" He answered unsurely.

"Then would you kill me for killing your wife?" Marcos asked with a devilish grin.

"W—what?" Peter was stunned. He felt all the colour in his face drain.

"You want me to repeat myself?" His eyes flashed in joy at the grim look on Peter's face.

"You are joking. R—right? It isn't true. Please tell me it isn't. Not my wife. " Peter yelled as he trashed about, tears running down his cheeks as he began to sob.

Seeing the state he put Peter in, Marcos stood to his feet as he began to walk out of the cell room, with Luke right behind him.

"No! Don't leave, tell me what you have done. " Peter shouted once he saw Marcos leaving. "Tell me where my wife is," he screamed after them.

"Wow, boss. Did you kill his wife?" Luke asked, his eyes shining in wonder.

"This is only the beginning of what I am going to do to him. When I am done with him, he would regret ever crossing my path, and pray for death, but he would never get it. " He said this with a smirk dancing on his lips.