CH 11

Chapa's POV

I wake up and I'm in the cold basement while chained to the wall but I can hear father snoring upstairs so if I want to get out of these chains I have to do it quiet & quickly.

I look around the room to see if there's anything that can help me when I saw a paperclip on the ground so I reach for it with my feet and grab it with my toes then slide it over.

Then I use my feet to get the paperclip up to my hand and stretch it out and pick lock the chain which took me 3 minutes to get it unlock but I stop so I can hear if he's still asleep which he is so I pick the other lock and I'm free.

I use the small window to get out of the basement but I don't know where to run.

If I go to the Man's Nest or the Maklins house I'll be back here and he would be very mad.

So I ran to Bose's house.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When I got there I use a lader to climb up to his window and knock on it and luck for me he was already awake then he opens it.

Bose: What are you doing here?

Chapa: I-

I couldn't continue because of the pain on my left side where my father kept kicking over & over again but I can still feel him kicking me.

Then Bose helps me inside and I black out.

Bose's POV

I wake up and its midnight but I need a glass of water because I'm thirsty so I got out of bed to leave my room and down the stairs to the kitchen then I grab a cup from the cabinet and ran tge sink.

After my water I felt better and went back into my room when I heard a knock on my window and see Chapa so I quickly open the window.

Bose: What are you doing here?

Chapa: I-

She's holding her left side and I can see bruise and cuts on her arms so I help Chapa in then she black out but luckily I caught her so she didn't hit the floor to wake up my parents.

I pick her up and place her on my bed so I can see what's bothering her.

When I lifted her shirt up to her side I can see that it's purple with dry blood but there was something sticking out so I grab a flashlight to see it better and it's a piece of metal.