Heart</3reaker

Cleo's POV:

A few months had passed since the opening night of the play, my birthday was coming up. And sure i threw parties for my birthday, and of course they were legendary, but this party i was throwing for my seventeenth, was extra special to me. My life isn't always perfect, not like how everyone makes it out to be. Or even me. My dad is always working, constantly, so the only time the two of them even try to come together is when it's my birthday. And with my father owning a mall and what not. He's barely around. This will be the first birthday party ever of mine, where he actually attends. And that means truly everything to me. 

I watched from afar, as Margo opens her locker and finds a sealed envelope with a red ribbon on the top. Emelie, Blair, and i spent the entire weekend making those invitations. Cause the party didn't just need to be perfect, every aspect of the party needed to be as well. I know this wasn't my sweet sixteen, but i wasn't about to make turning seventeen any bitter than the last. I folded my arms, and smiled, as Margo opened the invitation and beamed. Her name on the card in cursive, and elegant writing within the note telling her she's invited to my birthday bash. 

Her eyes then found mine down the hall, as i approached her with Emelie and Blair following behind me. "I am SO coming to your birthday bash. Wow, Cleo i have literally never been invited to a party before. So this would be another high school experience i get to cross of the bucket list." she said, as i laughed and gleamed, taking her hand in mine, as we walked down the hall. 

The day of, Margo had arrived early, telling us she didn't know if she was suppose to show up before or after the time on the card. My mother welcomed her inside regardless, even though no other guests had come yet. "Margo's here" Blair said, as i checked the clock. It was barely even six and the party started at eight. "She's coming upstairs!" Emelie said, as she ran inside my room. "Great.." i said, as i took out a few of the curling rolls in my hair and watched her approach my room. "Cleo?" she asked, as we had ran into the bathroom. 

"In here!" i said, as i watched her in the mirror, Emelie was helping me apply makeup as Blair was taking out the rest of the rollers in my hair. I looked over at Margo to get a good look at her outfit. I scoffed, "okay there's no way you are wearing that to my party" i said, as Margo blushed. "What's wrong with it?" she asked, as Emelie and Blair tried to hold back laughter. "Here.." i said, taking her hand as she followed me into my closet. 

I grabbed a dress i hadn't worn since Christmas, some shoes to match, and then threw them at her. As i motioned for Emelie and Blair to please help her out. We spent the next thirty minutes getting her prepared for my own party instead of me. "Okay woah, there's no way you can look better than me at my own party" i said, as Margo twirled in her dress when we were done. "I gotta say if Blair weren't here, i'd probably make out with you" Emelie said, as Blair gasped. She laughed, shoving her playfully, "i'm just kidding" she said, as Blair glared at her. 

"So what do i do now?" Margo asked, as it was still only 7:30pm. "Go downstairs and see if my mother needs any help with snacks and stuff" i said, as Margo nodded. "You look amazing by the way" she said, as i flipped my hair. "I know" i said, smiling, as she laughed, walking out of the room. "Alright now makeover me" i said, as Emelie and Blair nodded. I had found out later, that Margo volunteered to help out with snacks and drinks. She had started picking up platters and literally serving people. Before i was about to make my entrance, i watched Toby notice Margo handing out drinks and what not. 

And he smiled to himself, walking over to her, "you work here now?" he asks, and i know he's being sarcastic. "Oh! no! (laughs) i just got here early, so i volunteered to help out" she said, as she placed the platter down on the table nearby. They eyed each other's outfits. And it made me sick, to think my own boyfriend was checking out my best friend. "You clean up nicely" Margo said, and he had looked like he had been taken aback by her beauty. "And you look stunning" he said, causing her to blush. She smiled, fixing his tie a little, as he thanked her.