"You got it, Batman. And thanks for teaching me how to shoot yesterday." Carl told her.

Emerson just smiled.

After a long conversation, Carl was allowed go go to the gun training Shane put together.

"Can Emerson teach me?" Carl asked Rick and Lori.

Emerson's eyes widened. She wasn't planning on attending. Being in the same vicinity as Shane and Lori didn't sound appealing to her.

"You know, I'm not really a good teacher. Silas, though, he's the best. Right Si?" She replied, elbowing her brother.

"I-I mean, I guess." Silas said, rubbing his side where Emerson nudged him.

"Bullshit." Andrea laughed. "You taught Jimmy how to use a knife just fine. She's more than capable of teaching Carl to use a gun."

"She was a cop." Rick told Lori, debating the question Carl asked them.

"Fine. But you will behave responsibly. If I hear from Emerson, or anyone else in this camp that you were not living up to our expectations. . ." Lori threatened.

"He won't let you down, right son?" Rick asked Carl, to which he nodded at his mother.

"Looks like the Batman is coming after all." Carl said looking up at Emerson.

Now, a day later, Carl and the rest of camp were trained on gun safety.

It was quiet amongst them all, but Dale and Emerson had their eyes on Glenn. Awaiting the moment he would tell them their safety was compromised.

"Uh. . ." Glenn started to say. "The barn's full of Walker's."

"What did you just say?" Silas spat.

Silas didn't stick around to hear Glenn repeat himself. Instead, he began to take off towards the barn.

"Told ya they'd only be mad for a second." Emerson told him before running off towards the barn with the rest of them.

━━━━━━━━

Emerson was talking with Maggie as her and Carl threw the corn for the chickens.

"Well, Jesus Margaret, are you okay? I can't believe you and Glenn got attacked."

Maggie glared at her. "Is this a lecture from my father? Yes, I'm fine. Shaken up, but I'm alright. You guys need any eggs?"

"Yeah, we do." Carl answered. "But don't take them from Henrietta. Her eggs were weird."

"How do you–"

"Patricia's been teaching him a few things. Kid thinks he's a chicken expert." Emerson joked, looking at Carl.

"Hey," Carl immediately defended himself by throwing a handful of feed at the two women. "I am a chicken expert."

"Oh is that so?" Emerson retorted. She grabbed a handful of corn and looked at Maggie, telling her to do the same.

The two women immediately threw their handfuls at Carl to which he started throwing them back at them.

"Carl!" Lori called, "Come here for a minute, please."

"Guess this means I win, right Emmy?" Carl asked and set his bucket down.

Emerson and Maggie laughed, "Yeah, you win, buddy."

"Good."

Maggie and Emerson waved to Lori as Carl walked towards her to which she just smiled back.

"Maggie, hey. . ." Glenn said, approaching the two of them. "Just talk to me."

Instead of talking to him, Maggie breezed right past him.

"Maggie!" Glenn called out.

She sighed and walked back to Glenn, leaving Emerson in front of them. "Give me your hat." Maggie said. "You said talk to ya, so I'm talking to ya. Give me your hat."

Glenn did as she asked and Maggie placed an egg inside and smashed it onto Glenn's head.

Emerson placed a hand to her mouth to conceal her laugh.

"Why would you waste an egg like that?" Glenn asked her, clearly disgusted.

"It was from Henrietta. Her eggs are rotten." Maggie said simply and walked away.

Emerson huffed and wrapped an arm around Glenn's shoulders. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up."

When Glenn was finally cleaned up, he went to take watch as Rick came up to her.

"Whatsup, officer?" She asked him.

"You wanna go look for Sophia with me? I could use the backup."

Emerson snorted. "Would your wife appreciate that?"

"It doesn't matter what she thinks." Rick stated to which Emerson just looked up at him.

"Shouldn't it?"

Rick shrugged. "If you really want my ex-wife's permission, be my guest and ask her."

"I'll pass. You'll just get back together with her next week." Emerson spat. "I'm not interested in being a rebound, Rick. I told you that."

Rick scoffed. "You're stubborn, you know that?"

Emerson shrugged and walked away, leaving the man to his own thoughts.

━━━━━━━━

NOTE:
Emerson just needs to get her head
out of her butt and get with Rick.

he very obviously said ex wife, Emmy.

he WANTS you. ugh.