« 12 »

━━━━━━━━

— PART TWO  of  THREE —
THERE IS NO HOPE ANYWHERE

— PART TWO  of  THREE —THERE IS NO HOPE ANYWHERE

CARL GRIMES PULLED THROUGH SURGERY. Hershel had worked on the boy for hours, and eventually, it led to a successful surgery.

Shane came back right before Hershel was about to start. Except, Otis hadn't made it back with him.

"You need to make a decision!" Hershel pushed. Rick and Lori just stared at one another. Neither of them knew what to do. Rick then looked to Emerson.

"Do it. Do the surgery. Just save Carl, please."

Both Lori and Rick nodded at her decision. Hershel and Patricia began moving around the room, getting everything set up that they needed.

Then they saw the headlights of the pickup truck.

Shane got back just in time.

Now, a few hours later, all four of them sat in Carl's room.

"When did Hershel say he'd wake up?" Shane asked.

"A few hours." Lori replied quietly. "Rick, can we talk?"

Emerson looked at Rick. He just nodded and the two walked out of the room.

"Look, Emerson, I'm really sorry." Shane mumbled.

Emerson looked at him. She let out a loud sigh. "It's fine. Let's just forget it happened, alright?"

Shane nodded. "What do you think they're talking about?"

"I didn't say I would be friends with you." She stated. "But I don't know. I hope she's not trying to get back together with him."

"Why?" Shane asked. "Got a crush on him?" He teased. While Shane was only messing around with her, he had hoped that wasn't the case.

Instead, he hopes that Rick and Lori would try at their marriage again. Then Shane and Emerson could leave, just he had planned.

"No, Lori just seems like a real bitch."

Shane shrugged, "She can be."

Before Emerson could reply, Rick and Lori came back into the room.

Just as this happened, Carl opened his eyes. Lori and Rick immediately went to his side. Emerson stood at the foot of the bed, happy to see the boy smiling.