Chapter One: Who Am I?

Beginne am Anfang

You get down and start doing push ups slowly before speeding up more and more. You start doing push ups at inhuman speeds thanks to your body modifications.

(Timeskip - A couple hours later)

After a serious workout session you cool yourself some instant noodles and devour it pretty quickly.

Y/N: I really wish he would get more food... Having the same breakfast, lunch and dinner is getting rather boring real fast.

You hear the sound of the elevator in the centre of what you consider to be the living room. You munch on your food as you sit on the couch watching your grandfather descend.

Y/N Mind: The elevator goes pretty high... I wonder if it goes to space... Presuming that space isn't just some fairy tale. I can't tell if Grandpa never lets me leave.

He exits the elevator but as he walks out he coughs a lot. He drops to one knee even dropping the bag of supplies. He begins coughing loudly into his hand.

Y/N: Grandpa!

You rush over and help him up while also grabbing the bag of supplies.

Y/N: You haven't been taking your medicine have you?

Grandfather: I'm fine... And what did I tell you about rummaging through my stuff.

Y/N: You know I get bored easily being stuck down here... You had no right to keep me in the dark of your condition. Your cybernetic heart is failing... It's rejecting your body.

Grandfather: I said I'm fine!

He slightly pushes you back with what little strength he has remaining. You watch annoyed as he wobbles to the workshop room.

Grandfather: Come on... Your new cybernetics won't implant themselves.

You just watch him in silence before following him with a loud sigh.

Grandfather: Don't sigh.

Y/N: You are not okay.

Grandfather: I am... I promise.

(Timeskip - Seven years later)

You stand over your Grandfather in his deathbed for the last time. Nanobots swirl round you forming a smoke around you. You look at your dead Grandfather's face.

Y/N: Look Grandpa... I can know fully control the Nanobots and not just a couple of them... All of them.

You place your skull mask over your face and stop in front of the elevator.

Y/N: I'll fulfil my task... That I promise.

You enter the elevator for the first time ever and refusing to be excited take it up. You go all the way to the surface and shield your face from the shining sun.

Y/N: So... Warm. It was hot down in the labs... But this feels different. In a good way.

You look out to the horizon to see nothing but a wasteland and several colourful lights in the far distance.

Y/N: That must be where Night city is located... A new start.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Flashback - An hour ago)

You watched as your grandfather got closer and closer to his last breath. He looked up at you with a weak smile.

Grandfather: Go out... And start anew.

Y/N: Start anew? What does that mean?

Your grandfather laughs but quickly stops as he coughs violently spitting out blood.