Chapter 2

Down at the local track we're stretching. Well, I'm not. David is. I'm waiting for him to finish.

"You're setting yourself up to get hurt if you don't stretch Taylor."

"Hush you! You can prepare for this race in your way, and I will in mine."

David chuckles and continues. "Suit yourself."

He started stretching with his shirt off the instant we got here, and I would NEVER deprive myself of a chance to just sit and check him out. David has always been worried that he didn't look enough like a man, so he works out as much as his schedule allows. And let me say this: his exercise looks GOOD on him! I mean, it's only by years of practice that I don't drop to my knees, howl, and drool like a maniac. 

"Alright, I'm finished and ready. How about you? Are you finished getting ready?" David asks sarcastically,  but playfully.

"Give me ten more seconds." I very obviously look his body over. "Could you do that move where you sit down, spread your legs, and shove your foot in your crotch again while trying to touch your other foot? That was hot." I wink for added measure.

"Shut up and get over here." I've been joking with him like this since I came out after we graduated high school. Thankfully, when I told him he still stayed my friend. Many people cut me out of their lives, but not my David.

I hop up and walk over to the starting line.

"Alright," David begins. "We're going one lap around the track. When I win, you have to run around this track naked. Alright?"

"Whoa whoa whoa! 'When'?? Nuh-uh! When "I" win, you have to go to one of your female neighbors and ask for a condom loud enough for everyone nearby to hear." I counter.

A big grin spreads across his face. "Loving this more and more. You're on! On the count of three." David gets into a sprinting position. "Three"

I copy his stance and prepare. "Two"

"Also," I add, "If I win, you have to kiss me."

David's head whips toward me with a startled look. "Wha-"

"OneGO!" I yell as I start running as fast as I can move my body.

After ten seconds, my body was trying to kill itself. Every breath was like fire. My chest tried expanding to let air in and it was like I came into contact with a suit made of spikes piercing my body. My legs were burning and felt like they were made of lead. David breezed by me, apparently recovering from the shock quicker than I thought and already passing me. Damn him and his stretching. And that freaking hot body that he keeps in shape by excercising all the time!

Deciding that the only way to win, I started cheating. Since I was about half way done with one lap, I cut across the field.

"Hey! Damn cheater!!" David already caught me? Why can't I catch any breaks with this man?! I try sprinting faster, but David is already closing the distance. When I check to see how close he actually is, I find that he isn't running towards the goal anymore. He is aiming to tackle me! Crap! I try to dodge, but I'm not as light on my feet as he is.

"Oomph!!"

"Ha! Got you before you made it. The only reason you got so close was because it's getting so dark out here." He said happily while pinning me to the ground. He wasn't even out of breath! Is he even human, or am I just in that bad of shape?? Don't you dare answer that last part.

"Well I had to try to win somehow." I replied with a grin.

"Don't wanna run this track nude?" David said smirking.